Mufasa meets Lola

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quyntarious

Reaction score
Amanda's aunt's dog was pregnant and had puppies6 weeks ago, and now we have one. Her name is Lola she is a 6week old Jack Russel-Chihuahua/Pug mix. And apparently Mufasaisn't happy with her. According to Amanda, when she sniffedbun through his cage, he grunted and then lunged at her, running intohis cage. Now that we are back from our respective Christmastraditions, the pets are home. Mufasa has always had freereign of the house, and I think he is trying to show Lola that she ison his turf. When he sees her, he will act cautious and then,suddenly run at her. I was away in another room and Amandawas putting something up when we heard a loud squeal from the puppy,Mufasa had apparently kicked her or something. Is there anyway to calm him down, or to keep him from being so aggressive towardher? I don't want him to feel that she is more important thanhim, but I know I may have to lock him in a room for a while.Any suggestions?

First off, 6 weeks is a bit early to be letting a puppy go, but I'm going to move past that.

I'd try crate training the puppy, but that'll take a while.Try putting the puppy in a crate or pen in the room and let the bunnyexplore, then, anotherday, switch their places.

A little update and new question....

Mufasa and Lola have been getting along better now. He hasn'ttryed to attack her recently and I have managed to be on our futon withthe both of them. They were still seperated, one on each sideof me, but I still think that's good progress considering where westarted.

Now my question now has to do with nipping. Yesterday, Mufasanipped Lola's butt and I was wondering if he could just be playing thistime. He nips us sometimes in play or to showaffection. When he does it to us, they are not hard bites andit doesn't hurt so we know he's not trying to be mean. Loladidn't seem to be hurt when he did this so I was thinking that maybe hewas just playing with her this time. Any thoughts?

Latest posts

Back