Mounting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickeyandluna

Reaction score
Mickey keeps trying to mount Luna and Luna doesnt want any part of it. She refuses to go in the cage with him when i put them in there so Im letting her sleep out and hes in the cage by himself. Will this cause him to be aggressive towards me or Luna? He isnt very happy with me right now, as he keeps trying to get out of it. But Luna seems to be afraid of Mickey when he does this. Today he would go to the food bowl when Luna was at it, just to eat, and she would immediately run away. I had to give her her own pile of hay to eat while Mickey ate from the bowl. She doesnt really wanna be around him. I plan on getting them both fixed asap so I was just wondering if maybe she just isnt in heat and if Mickey being in the cage alone will cause any problems? She runs away from him and gets really close to the ground like shes trying to hide from him. I feel bad that hes in there all alone, but I didnt want her having to run away from him all night or have to deal with it in the cage.

Now is the time to separate them. They shouldn't have any contact whatsoever anymore until they are both fixed and healed.

If they are allowed together anymore until then, there is a real risk that either she will become pregnant or that they will have a serious fight. If they fight, then chances of future bonding will be greatly diminished.

Time to separate.

Both are intact, and you let them interact? You are not giving much details, how old are they? Just guessing from what you wrote:

The more optimistic version is you have a confused too young doe and a horny buck ready for mischief. Do not feel bad for not letting him, ahh, (there's no sense in euphemisms here, but the f-word gets censored) copulate til he falls over. He's a rabbit, for god's sake.

On the other hand, that would be the behaviour of most pregnant does to a buck, when I'm not sure if a doe is bred I put her in with the buck and watch for this behaviour.

So, it may be too late, but if you don't want a lot of baby bunnies keep that buck away from the doe.
Anyway, read up on how to care for surprise litters, just in case.
Some bucks start way too early.

Bad boy.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back