Most Irristable Food

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warminwisco

Reaction score
My two rabbits are 5 months, neutered and best buddies. Pellets and gorge on bales of mostly grass, alphalfa mix, I think. Tried graham crackers, home made strawberry jelly, parsley. What gives, dabbed the jam on their lips as I leaned over they smelled but no lick?

Graham crackers are not a suitable food for rabbits. Strawberry jelly is high is sugar and should never be fed. Parsley is al right to give though.

Stick to rabbit safe treats for the health of your rabbit.

Ash loves Apple but make sure not to feed high qusntities of it as to much sugar isn't good for a bun. Strawberry jelly isn't good for them as its really high in sugar. Grahm crackers aren't good for them either. But yeah, Parsley is alright for them. Ash love Parsley and Cilantro. He likes Cilantro even better than parsley. He goes crazy for it. He eats it like spaghetti, lol.

Each rabbit is different and thus have different tastes. My Conan likes all herbs but parsley and dislikes all fresh fruits though some dried ones he likes. Xena is a junky nearly for everything but doesn't like dried fruits. So partof discovering your rabbits personalities is discovering what they like to eat. However make sure all of it is rabbit safe.

Agree with most of the posters above. Jam is such a high amount of sugar that I would avoid it altogether. Graham crackers and any processed food meant for people shouldn't be fed to bunnies. No candies, no chocolate, and definitely nothing that has dairy. Try some natural treats, there's bound to be something your bunny will love! Bananas (a small chunk), a slice of apple, pear, or the peels would be delish. My buns also like it when I slice off the top of my strawberries and give them them the tops. It has a bit of green on it and it doesn't have as much sugar as the rest of the berry. Some bunnies love love love parsley or cilantro or dill. Dried fruits are also delish but be aware that the sugars are concentrated in dried fruits so feed them less than you would fresh fruit. Raisins, Craisins, papaya are all welcome treats in my bunny household.

For bunnies, banana would be considered "junk food" since its so high in sugar. Its safe to feed, just in very small quantities (as a treat). Glad they are enjoying it!

Latest posts

Back