Missing patch on back of Neck

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbiemybunny

Reaction score
Robbie has a missing patch of fur on the back of his neck which is dry .
Why?IMG20210421190634.jpgIMG20210421190626.jpgIMG20210421190641.jpg

Why does the fur look wet?

Back of the neck is a usual spot for mites, there could be other reasons though if the skin looks healthy, like a rare, wiered molt pattern. A fungal infection might be another reason. If he isn't in a molt and/or the skin is irritated, flaky, crusted or wet - I would see a vet.

Why does the fur look wet?

Back of the neck is a usual spot for mites, there could be other reasons though if the skin looks healthy, like a rare, wiered molt pattern. A fungal infection might be another reason. If he isn't in a molt and/or the skin is irritated, flaky, crusted or wet - I would see a vet.
I'm not sure. Would he be itching alot if he had mites?

It would be hard to notice because he caan't reach this spot. But yes, at some point a mite infestation does get itchy and hurts.
My vet didn't find mites at the first visit, I went there again when the skin started to ooze fluid, and that sure was uncomfortable then, it was mites. Hence my question about the wet looking fur. Simple treatment with stronghold drops around the area twice, 3 weeks apart solved the problem.
But as i said, there can be other reasons for a bald sopt.

It would be hard to notice because he caan't reach this spot. But yes, at some point a mite infestation does get itchy and hurts.
My vet didn't find mites at the first visit, I went there again when the skin started to ooze fluid, and that sure was uncomfortable then, it was mites. Hence my question about the wet looking fur. Simple treatment with stronghold drops around the area twice, 3 weeks apart solved the problem.
But as i said, there can be other reasons for a bald sopt.
He doesn't itch at all or seem uncomfortable. He seems perfectly happy and that . His fur isn't wet I just checked.

Okay it's gotten really crusty and dry , the fur seemed to be growing back then stopped .

Latest posts

Back