Missing fur on face?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missmerlin2010

Reaction score

Description (Breed, color, weight): ND without dwarfing gene

Sex: Male

Concise Summary of the Rabbit's Condition: Has a small spot on his face without any fur

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / CHECK LIST: (Please fill in relevant info).

Fecal and Urinary Output

- are the bunny's poops and pees normal? Yes
- when did they last use their litterbox? Today
- any unusual behavior? straining to pee? unusual litter habits? No
- what litter and/or bedding do you use? Newspaper, and some of that soft paper stuff (not like yesterday's news though)

Medical History

- spayed/neutered? Yes
- has s/he been to the vet or been sick before? Vet, yes, sick, no.
- is s/he on any medications? No

Diet

- what specifically does your bunny eat? Usually timothy hay (but we are out, going to store soon) and normal rabbit pellets (we just threw the bag away, like 2 days ago when we put the food in a plastic tub.) It is basic, without any colored shapes or anything. and occasionally some carrots. it comes in a 50 pound bag, and the bag is pink. we get it at tractor supply co.
- when and what did s/he eat last? Today
- any changes in the way s/he eats? (ie: not eating a particular food, odd chewing motions, etc) No

Other

- movement - any unusual movements? Is s/he hopping normally? Normal
- is the rabbit molting? Just finished I think
- any weight loss? No
- any sign of drooling? wet face? No
- runny eyes? No
- wet nose? coughing? sneezing? No
- is s/he breathing normally Yes

Additional

- any plants, chocolate or other substances within reach? No
- has the rabbit been outdoors? Yes (off the ground though)
- any other pets? if so, have they been ill? He is outside in his hutch next to panda, but not inside or near the cats. The only thing between Houdini and Panda is a galvanized wire fence/thing (part of the hutch)

All I can think of is that Panda bit him through the bars? I have never seen them fight or bug each other though. :?

Here are some pics:

73c68g.jpg

2wh2ptd.jpg

30wrxoj.jpg

2i0r4w.jpg

Thanks! :big wink:

My Speedy had the same thing happen to him! He had a perfect square of fur missing right in the middle of his nose. I have no idea how he did it, but it's all grown back now.

Pepin often ends up with a few little bald spots after her early spring molt. Particularly if I get over enthusiastic with the brush!

Oh good! I didn't think it was anything much, but just wanted to make sure it was alright! He ha been molting so tht is probably why.
Thanks for everyone's replies! :)

Oh good! I didn't think it was anything much, but just wanted to make sure it was alright! He ha been molting so tht is probably why.
Thanks for everyone's replies! :)

Latest posts

Back