Mis Conejas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyjade

Reaction score
Welcometo Sophie and Apollo's blog for the new year! This is where I willchronicle all of their pictures and stories of2007.:)

I'll startwith the pictures from Apollo's birthday,Jan.25.

Apollobday1.jpg

Apollobday.jpg

Apollobday3.jpg

Apollobday8.jpg

pics89021.jpg

Sophie y Apollo son conejos muybonitos. (Pero, mis conejos so las mejores del mundo;)). Me gusta las fotos del cumpleanos.

Sorry, I couldn't resist from the title, lol. :D

missyscove wrote:
Sophie y Apollo son conejos muy bonitos. (Pero,mis conejos so las mejores del mundo ;)). Me gusta las fotosdel cumpleanos.

lol missysove, I actually had to translate what you said with BabelFish. I was only pretending to know Spanish,hehe! :D

kellyjade wrote:
missyscove wrote:
Sophie yApollo son conejos muy bonitos. (Pero, mis conejos so lasmejores del mundo ;)). Me gusta las fotos delcumpleanos.

lol missysove, I actually had to translate what you said with BabelFish. I was only pretending to know Spanish,hehe! :D
Sra. Valenzuela would be so proud of me, lol. I consideredjust writing a translation, but I didn't want to insult your spanishskills, whoops. :)

Before I got my bunnies, and then when I did get them, my friends and Iwould have spanish bunny-related conversations. Mostly abouthow my buns are cuter than my friend's.

I love your rabbits - and I have a twin to your lionhead.....so very cute!

Peg

Thanks.:) A Sophie twin? I'd love to see her (him?)...:jumpforjoy:

Jade-- the bottom of the cage is working well for me; it's easy toclean and it was easy to attach. The linoleum is stick on tiles that Ibought individually so it was really cheap.

Today Apollo and Sophie got to play with snow that I brought inside ina big rubbermaid container. I got the idea from Dawn (aurora369). Itwasn't very nice snow, just loose ice crystals but they had some fun.I'll try it again sometime when there's fresh snow.;)

I took a lot of pictures. Apollo hopped in and out of the containerabout ten times and pushed the snow around with her paws. Sophie spenta lot of time circling the container and looking in, and went in itabout 4 times. :D

February07Sophollopics003.jpg

February07Sophollopics011.jpg

February07Sophollopics010.jpg

February07Sophollopics005.jpg

February07Sophollopics040.jpg

February07Sophollopics048.jpg

February07Sophollopics052.jpg

February07Sophollopics015.jpg

February07Sophollopics019.jpg

February07Sophollopics055.jpg

And an extra 'just cause she looks cute' Sophie pic :)
February07Sophollopics058.jpg

And I got a video! :bunnydance:
She actually pees in it at one point, :shock: I have no idea why...so that was the end of the indoor snow experience...haha

SOOOSKA wrote:
I love Sophie. Can I have her please?
Sophie said she is flattered, but she heard that Canada iscovered in a lot of the same cold stuffthat she discoveredtoday, and that's a little scary. :D

aurora369 wrote:
Do they enjoy the covered litter box?
They do like the box, I got it because Apollo used to dig thelitter out of the box but she could dig in there all she wants. Shedoesn't do it anymore so now they have a regular uncovered box too.It's pink,of course...;)

what a spunky pair of bunnies you have there!!
I love the still shots of some crazy bunny antics going on :D

Yesterday I filmed the bunnies a lot just doing their usual bunny things.:bunnydance:
The first one Sophie got right up in the camera and twitched her cute little nose for a bit, so funny.:D

And then I give them some craisin-like treats in this one. Photobucket wouldn't upload it so I put it on youtube.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDSw6WREtLc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDSw6WREtLc[/ame]

In celebration of Valentines day I baked thegirls heart-shaped bunny cookies.I only gave them one each, and Sophiesaid I was being stingy and that she might consider flying to Canada,ifyou sign a contract saying she can have as many of these as she wantsevery day.:D

valentinescookies001.jpg

I wanted to get a good picture of them snuggling for today, but theyhad an argument Sunday night and just got over it today.It happenedwhen my cat Tokyo pushed their bedroom door open and Sophie got out. Iwent over to the door and Apollo watched Sophie hop back in the room,and then took an aggressive stance and lunged at her. She chased heraround the room really fast but didn't catch her, and Sophie hid in abasket in the corner. I'm guessing Apollo didn't know that Sophie hadleft the room, and when she saw her come in she didn't recognize her orsomething and thought she was an intruder. Sophie stayed in the basketa long time and when she came out, Apollo started chasing her again andpulled out some
of her fur. So I took Sophie and put her in the bathroom and let hercalm down, and then went and got Apollo and put her in there too.Apollo was perfectly normal and nice to sophie in the bathroom. I wentand got their litterbox and food and left them in there for a while.When I put them back in their room, Apollo went back to chasing Sophie,even though I put Sophie in there first and changed the room around abit. So, I put Sophie in the cage,and then Apollo, and they werefine,no aggresion at all. The next day when I opened the cage door,Apollo came out but Sophie was too scared to come out all day. Tuesday,Sophie came out after a long time,but then Apollo tried to catch heragain and Sophie ran back up to the top floor of the cage.:(
She came out again later that night, and Apollo finally left heralone. Today was the first whole day since that they've been gettingalong. I'm so relieved. I felt really bad for Sophie because she didn'tunderstand why Apollo was suddenly mad at her and she was so scared. Ididn't really understand it either;it seemed like such a small thing tocause Apollo to react like that after they've been bonded for over 9months and lived in the same room, and they run around the rest of thehouse sometimes too; Apollo has seen Sophie come in the room before...Idon't fully get it.:?
Today Apollo has been nice to her though, she groomed her a lot butwhen she tried to get Sophie to groom her she got nervous and ran away.It will take a little time for Sophie to be fully comfortable aroundher,she's only a little wary of her and she seems relieved,she did adbf this morning. I hope nothing sets Apollo off again that makes hersuddenly not want to share her room. :sigh

Thanks Amy, the bed is from WalMart. It sets uplike a tent and it folds flat. It came in a circular travel bag.My catlikes to nap in it and the bunnies run in and out of it and binky.:)

Back