Minnesota Madness

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW - that is expensive! Maybe someone on RO can tell you of someone in yer parts that might be a bit cheaper. Looks like you will have to keep yer buns apart for awhile!

Sounds like she got a pretty good look over, so that is good. If she is gaining weight that is a good sign. Sounds like she might take a while to come out of her shell, but that is ok. It will make the little victories that much more special.

I hope that JJ does well in his new surroundings.

It does sound like Jay Jay is making small improvements...which I am happy about in multiple ways.

Ya this is the last vet I usually consider, cuz of the price, but i know if something needs to b done right...I go there first. cuz they have become known for there exotic pet savvyness.

I did call my regular vet about getting a check up for Rose...they were very honest and said cuz of the situation it would b best to take her to Pet Medical Center. Which made me feel good that they were honest and werent just in it for the money.

It think itcosts me $65 for a vet visit for my bunnies. I think it's expensive cause it's exotic's.

When I take my dogs in it only costs me like $ 30-35 but it's another doctor.

I look at it this way, I'd rather pay to know the vet is rabbit savvy and know what they are doing then to save and risk myrabbit's health later on.

Monty decided to make the long trip into the dining room to visit Rose. This is an adventure for him cuz of the wood floors, so he walks slowly from rug to rug or next to the wall when there is no wood.

She was not a welcoming force at all quite the opposite. the 3 times they did smell each other she was trying to scratch at him. The rest of the time she went to the farthest away spot in her cage. At one point she just layed down and ignored him. I could tell she was scared to.

RoseMonty2510.jpg

1Rose2510.jpg

I did get a call this morning from the vet saying her fecal showed no signs of parasites or well, anything, so they r giving her a clean bill of health. YEAH!!!

Last night I caught her doing a DBF. I can tell she is very comfortable in her cage and feels safe, but then when I open the door for her to come out to play she will sit under the dinning room table. I have been slowly laying on the floor next to the table. Her eyes r the size of grapes and she is so tense. then if I make the slightest move she takes off for the cage. Well I dont wanna push it with her, but i keep trying to win her over. I am patient I know she is a sweet girl and has lots of potential, but trust is something that will take a lot of time.

Monty reminds me of a very comical 3 year old. He loves to chew carpet, and so when he is in his cage or out of it I always give him plenty of things to chew on besides the carpet. I still catch him chewing on the darn carpet tho. The floor where he plays is so nasty looking, but replacing it is not an option.

He will run to any of us when he sees us just for pets, and when I clean his eye boogers out in the mornings he purrrs. He loves to binky and race around his room then he flops down from exhaustion. His antics are fun to watch and I feel my BP lowering every time i play with the buns.

And this week I have spent all of quiet time with them...my BP is through the roof lol

I have noticed myself talking to them more and more. Then I forget to talk to my hubby about things...lol Oh well hubby doesnt need to know everything lmao

It's nice to see her laying down :)Monty is so cute...trying to check her out. LOl. She is just beautiful.

My bunnies are my sanity....so I can relate. Lol. :)

Glad you're having a good day and that Rose is healthy! I was trying to figure out why you had buttons in her cage till I realized it was part of the picture!:biggrin2:

LMAO I put the Buttons there Helen when I edited the pic. I thought it was cute to cover up the poop with buttons HA HA HA HA

hln917 wrote:
Glad you're having a good day and that Rose is healthy! I was trying to figure out why you had buttons in her cage till I realized it was part of the picture!:biggrin2:
Don't feel bad it took me a minute to figure that out too. LOl. :biggrin2:

SweetSassy wrote:
It think itcosts me $65 for a vet visit for my bunnies. I think it's expensive cause it's exotic's.

When I take my dogs in it only costs me like $ 30-35 but it's another doctor.
on thursday i paid £83 for both dogs' vaccinations and health checks. on friday i paid £66 for both bunnies' mixi vaccinations and health checks. looking on the bright side it is not as much as the children cost me:)

buttons?

and she is BEAUTIFUL her fur looks so soft and different. im sorr ive been neglecting this blog!! i feel horrible not knowing about ja jay and everything going on ):

im glad things are going well though for you wit rose

Fancy77 wrote:
Last night I caught her doing a DBF. I can tell she is very comfortable in her cage and feels safe, but then when I open the door for her to come out to play she will sit under the dinning room table. I have been slowly laying on the floor next to the table. Her eyes r the size of grapes and she is so tense. then if I make the slightest move she takes off for the cage. Well I dont wanna push it with her, but i keep trying to win her over. I am patient I know she is a sweet girl and has lots of potential, but trust is something that will take a lot of time.
When we first caught Fluffy she wouldn't even leave her enclosure on her own she was so terrified of both of us. The first week my husband would pick her up and put her in her play area under the table and then put her back. She would just freeze up and let him and then scrunch up in the corner and freeze there.

I started coaxing her out of the corner with banana and pellets, which are her favorite foods. Plus we started tossing a few pellets in to her enclosure whenever we walked by.

I also found it helped to just sit on the floor and read a book or magazine or watch tv and not be 100% focused on her. Even now she mostly binkies when I can only see it out of the corner of my eye! When I look right at her she does her 'who, me?' routine.

Just keep up the floor time and be patient. The fact that she is DBF in her cage is a great sign. Fluffy didn't even do that in her enclosure for months, she preferred chicken-bun pose all the time.

Good luck with Rose, I'm sure she will do wonderfully with you.

silvermoon wrote:
Fancy77 wrote:
When we first caught Fluffy she wouldn't even leave her enclosure on her own she was so terrified of both of us. The first week my husband would pick her up and put her in her play area under the table and then put her back. She would just freeze up and let him and then scrunch up in the corner and freeze there.

I started coaxing her out of the corner with banana and pellets, which are her favorite foods. Plus we started tossing a few pellets in to her enclosure whenever we walked by.

I also found it helped to just sit on the floor and read a book or magazine or watch tv and not be 100% focused on her. Even now she mostly binkies when I can only see it out of the corner of my eye! When I look right at her she does her 'who, me?' routine.

Just keep up the floor time and be patient. The fact that she is DBF in her cage is a great sign. Fluffy didn't even do that in her enclosure for months, she preferred chicken-bun pose all the time.

Good luck with Rose, I'm sure she will do wonderfully with you.
THX a Bunch. It is funny u mention sitting on the floor. I have a story lol

So I usually spend about a half hour or so of floor time with Rose after work every day...and that time fluctuates depending on how she handles it.

It was cute that she would come out of the cage and get just so close to me then zoom off. she stepped lightly on my quilt when she was out checking on what the new things were in her area.

So I was pinning a quilt in the dinning room floor on Sat. Rose was out, and very curious. Its interesting cuz she wants to check things out but her fear holds her back.

I was finished and started to cut the excess off and get the quilt off the floor. Well She flipped out, she was in complete panic and survival mode. I am not sure if it was the sound of my scissors or that I was on all four's. But I was concerned she was going to hurt herself from frantically running all over in such a small area in front of her cage. She would run any where else tho. I think safety reasons.

She is just fine after she calmed down and now this morning when I went to freshen up her cage she didnt freak out. she just settled into her corner and waited. I had no problems giving her a head pet...I usually dont, but I take it slow as to not scare her. She even seemed like she wanted more attention. It was a nice feeling.

Latest posts

Back