MIni Rex questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaze_Amita

Reaction score
I found an ad for mini rex and I emailed the owners looking for a buck with better shoulders. She emailed me an offer for a buck/doe opal pair. I'm not so sure on the doe, she looks big, that or he has stayed tiny. I asked her about fur density and said they both have really nice density.

buck.jpg

That's the buck(above), he looks like he's decent, better than the buck I have now, but i'm somewhat reserved about it. Possibly peaks early and lacks in loin/hips. Also the whoel super tiny thing.

bdoe.jpg

That's the buck(smaller one) with the doe, both born same day,7-4-10, two totally different bloodlines and litters.

I wasn't aiming on getting another doe, actually I've been looking for a black or blue otter buck. Iv'e got Oreo's daughter here(lalaland has Oreo now), though not sure what color she is, that I would love to breed back to an otter to hopefully get otter babies. Oreo's neice, whom i also ahve is broken opal and i don't think she'll throw otter babies, even with my otter background opal buck.

If ya'll don't think this little buck is worth it, then I'm not in that big a hurry, it was an offer and I told the women I needed a few days to think about it. She only wants $25 for the pair with peds,because she needs to move them out- not enough cage space for all the babies.

I'm not sure if it would be worth it or not... he lacks depth, but that may just be because he's still young, he might mature into that some more. Being as they are both only 8 weeks old, I would probably not get the doe since she's large...but as for the buck, it's possible he may mature into a nice bunny. I'd be a bit reserved too, as I have found that it's hard to really tell a Mini Rex's type until they are about 12 weeks old, at least for me anyway, I like to wait that long to see how they mature.

Maybe if you went and saw him in person, and took some bunny-savvy friends along?

Emily

My advice: Try to buy mini rex that are older than 8 weeks to get a better idea on type and fur.

:)

The buck looks like my rabbit Alice and shes taken some bob but I deff would consider them more at mature ages If I were you and you have the cage space id get them :)

Latest posts

Back