Mini Rex and Mini lop need a home - SUCCESS

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, no it's not... but I'd just feel bad taking them with out permission. If he doesn't answer, I'll show up on Saturday, and try to find someone to talk to. Someone should be around.

--Dawn

very happy bunnies, but very unhappy cats, we suspect. ;) (and a not so happy dwarf).

still need to connect with Lisa to see what she has in mind, but we do have a spare bathtub here, it actually might make a very nice bunny pen. :) unfortunately it's in the cat's bathroom. they've been turned off all rabbits since pipp went into her hormonal attack mode last year.

guess we'll see how it goes. :) dawn will probably bring them here tomorrow.

sas :)and pipp :bunnybutt:

pipp,

so are you going to take them in full time or just temporary?which either way i hope everything turns out for the best:)

cheryl..

Well, it looks like I might be takingthose two cage bunnieshere.... AND the little dwarf that I was going to take to free up room at the shelter. :sigh I'm such a pushover.

Whether they're fosters or forevers is going to be up to the current population. (I should stop calling Radar a foster bun, I think he's here to stay, but we'll see who he gets along with. And my roommate's away this weekend, he's going to be a bit...er... surprised. :shhhh: Maybe he won't notice).

sas :hearts (the soft touch) and pipp :nope: (who really hates anybody else with fur)

We had a successful delivery!! The mini rex immediatly decided he was going to be a couch bunny and flopped out on SAS's couch. There nails need cutting, but other than that they seem very happy to be in a new situation.

I'm sure SAS will post an update later tonight, and if she doesn't have a digital camera to post pictures, I'll have to go take some with mine some time so every one can see the "after" pictures.

--Dawn

:sofa:

Oh geeze, where to start.

First off,the good news. :)

100_1974.jpg

They are the sweetest little guys!! And they were SO happy to be out of there! Most of the time when I take in 'rescue' cats or bunnies, they dont' thinkthey're being rescued. They're being taken in a strange vehicle to strange places, and they don't know what's up at the new place. The old place may have been a drag, but it was familiar. These guys were overjoyed to be in a house. :happydance

The rex is definitely a lap bunny, he's just starved for affection. He'll happily live whereever the humans are. The lop likes her cage. She wasn't cage aggressive or terrified, she likes to be petted,she just really likes her cage.

100_1975.jpg

Aren't they sweet together?Uh, actually, no. I put had the two of them together in the tub with one box and one carrier, figuring they've been together all that time, they must be at least somewhat friendly.. and they were -- at first. But she likes her cage -- alone. She immediately snagged the carrier, he kept going in there to snuggle, she'd bite him, he'd come running out. And itwasn'tonly the cage. :sigh This happy pic -- the only evidence of any grooming whatsoever -- was right before a big tussle on the couch. (So much for neutral territory). Having spent this much time together, not sure they'll ever actually bond, but at least they may be able to exercise together without doing too much damage. I hope.

Then I thought I'd introduce the lop to Radar (thepermanent foster bunny).

100_1969.jpg

Notice his tail? I didn't until I was loading this pic. Sure enough, checked the couch, and he had peed!! :angryrantAt least there's a bit of hope, here. After initially ignoring each other, Radar jumped her bones and began humping her like crazy, she took it for all of 10 seconds (well, maybe 6) before freaking out, we grabbed the two of them just as they were lunging at each other.But hey, he likesher! (He's only ever chased and bittenPipp -- mind you, it was in retaliation).

Ah yes, Pipp. :banghead :help

We put Pipp and the little rex (and he is little!) on top of a very slipperysideboard/table. My roomie had Pipp (hedidn't go away for the whole weekend after all, and is also probably ready to kill me). I had the rex.Pipp had never been on the table before, and it wasn't in 'her' room. Didn't matter. As soon as herlittle feet touched the surface and she saw the rex, she lunged and grabbed his throat. (Almost got him, too!) Needless to say, I put her back in her room, andthe next few times I went in there, she charged me grunting and honking up a storm, biting my feet. Ever since, she's been stuck to me like glue on my lap while I'm at the computer -- but she doesn't come in peace :stikpoke.She's bitten me FOUR TIMES so far.

She is one MAD bunny!! :scared:

pippholeedit.jpg

And as part of her 'dont'get mad, get even' scheme, this is (was?)my favourite blanket.

100_1984.jpg

Anyhoo, the lop is in a carrier in the bathtub.

100_1981.jpg

The rex is spending most of his time on top of the carrier in bathtub.

100_1977.jpg

Here he is outside her cage in the bathtub. I'm going to have to figure out something so she (the lop) can at least have free run of the tub. (So far, she's not the exploring type). The rexjust wants to be where the people are. :bunnyheart

sas :censored2:and pipp :devil

SAS, what would you do without bunnies to torment you?:)

I'm so glad you have those two! Too bad they aren't bonded. What are you going to name them?

Adorable! My situation is reversed...my rex is the mean, cage loving spazz and my lop just loves to follow me around and really wantsto get along with my rex, but he wont have it!

Yes, what are you going to name them??

:sunshine:

I have no idea how people could abandon such sweet, friendlylittle bunnies. It's mindboggling! The little rex does flips not at your feet but ON your feet like a cat wanting a tummy rub. He tries to climb on your lap when you're standing up!

The lop, contrary to the mean looking cage aggressive thing she was when she was in the shed (see below), gives you tooth purrs when you reach in to pet her.

Feb14.jpg

The rex is all over the place, he loves his bathtub but jumps up on the board I've put over part of it and onto the floor andruns around the house (me thinks he's going to be a bit of a handful -- or he's making up for six months of lying around). :biggrin And like Pipp, he likes digging and chewing. :nono (He thinks the cat box is a lot of fun). :disgust

They're both so small, they must have been so cold out there with our current cold snap (below-freezing temperatures), no hay, no floor, not even a towel. :cry1

The lop won't eat her pellets, I need to find the old brand I guess, but I'm no where near a feed store. She'sdrinking and eating hay, though. She stopped for awhile, but when I pulled out the syringe full of pellet slurry, she started again. (Smart bunny).

The little rex is alittle piggy, no problem there.

Pipp is still totally psycho. She's grunting and circling me whenever I walk in our room... I cleaned her cage and she was lunging and nipping and racing around (which she normally never does) -- and she did a bunny 500right insidethe big green garbage bag of dirty litter!! :rofl:

She calms down immediately as long as I go tohold her or pet her.She'sstaying within inches of me at all times. She really doesn't like it when I leave the room.

(I love her too!):hearts

I'm holding off on naming the new guys hoping to find out what there were named before they got dumped in the shed.

If I do name them, Aurora (who picked them up for me and has a relative of the rex's) wanted a spice name, so I was thinking"Dill' for the rex -- thenI read that my longtime friend 'Bill' (Billy) died yesterday. :cry2 And it was on the same day a memorial was held for his brother and soulmate Barry (recently ID'd as a Katrina victim), so maybe Sherry or Derry or something for the lop. A wee bit of a remembrance.

sas :wiggleand pipp :love:

They are just adorable. I love them.

I have two minirex/lionhead hybrids that I bought to work with in breeding - but decided that I will rehome them instead. Why? They're adorable...but quite a handful.

We've nicknamed one of them "Pick ME! Pick ME!" as he always wants attention first thing...the other one is Adonis.

I say this because I really think the personailty of a mini-rex is something to behold. The ones I've had are so friendly and sweet.....I think you'll really enjoy both of these rabbits....

Peg

Sigh, I wish I could take the little rex and give him a forever home, but right now I'm renting with two room mates, and I just don't have the room. But... (Shh big secret) My mother and I are on the hunt for a cheap apartment on a bus route to UBC, and I just found two apartments, in the same pet friendly building, that are for sale due to bank foreclosures. I haven't gone to see them yet, but I've got good vibes... And if I move with in the next couple months, if he needs a forever home still I will be able to take him or the lop too...:colors:

But thats a big if... In my dreams it would be that easy...

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back