Mini Rex and Mini lop need a home - SUCCESS

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aurora369

Reaction score
Hi,

These two buns need a home. They are currently staying out in a shed at an acquaintances house, but I feel so badly for them, because they came from an inside familly home and aren't used to being all on their own.

The mini rex is a buck, and the mini lop (I think she's a mini lop...) is a girl. I've been informed that they are both fixed.

They are located just outside Vancouver, BC, Canada. If anyone nows someone that might be able to provide a home for these guys, or if you have any questions, send me a PM.

Heres some pictures of them:
PicsFeb112006004.jpg

PicsFeb112006003.jpg

PicsFeb112006008.jpg

PicsFeb112006007.jpg

PicsFeb112006005.jpg

--Dawn

Are these pics of them in their shed cages? That breaks my heart. :bawl

Are they a bonded pair or in separate cages?

Any idea how old they are? What's their story?

Hopefullybetween me and the SARS BC people, we can find them a better situation. Have you been in touch with SARS?

SAS :cry2and Pipp :cry2

Yes that's them in the shed cages... It breaks my heart too, that's why I'm trying to find them new homes. I wish I had the room to foster them at my house, but I just don't have the room or resources.

I haven't been in touch with SARS, who are they? Do they have a website? I'm gonna post on Craigslist in the pets section, and maybe in the buy and sell. Hopefully they can find good homes.

I don't even know what they're names are. *sniff sniff*

The mini rex is such a sweet heart, comes right to the front of the cage whenever some one walks in, and the lop has some real social issues that need dealing with badly.

They are not bonded, but have been living next to each other for a while now, and came from the same home, so I don't think it will be hard for some one with experience to bond them.

--Dawn

Why aren't they in the house any more? Is the mini-Lop a biter or just shy? (Not that it matters).

Post the pics on the SARSBC site's forum (Small Animal Rescue Soc. of BC), pretty sure Lisa or somebody there will take them in.

http://www.smallanimalrescue.org/

and here's their forum:

http://sarsbc.proboards32.com/

Maybe I caneither take the Lop or take in another bun from SARS to free up space. If they're not bonded, shouldn't matter if they're separated?

What's their story?

SAS:rollseyes:and PIPP :brownbunny

I don't know the whole story, but they where living with a family, and then for some reason, I don't know what it is, they decided they could not look after the buns any more. So my friend said she would take them in and find them a new home.

Well, it's been more than 6 months, and they are still out in the shed. The girl who is supposed to be finding them a home ended up moving up North, but her rabbits are staying down here till her familly finds a home. They are all out in the shed, but her rabbits have always been out there, these guys haven't.

I will look into posting on the SARS sight tomorrow.

Thanks for you help.

The lop definitly needs to go somewhere with bunny experience, she's got some big cage aggression issues, although her cage is pretty small right now.

--Dawn

Aw the minirex looks like a smaller lighter version of my Moo Shoo (He's a tortoiseshell Rex that I recently adopted from a local animal shelter). Those look like some pretty horrible cages. :( I hope they find good homes, thanks for looking out for them! This makes me so sad, but at the same time it makes me appreciative of my bunny, and that I adopted.

My gosh!!!! Those cages are small and they do not have any toys. The poor things. I hope you can find a better place for them to be. Thanks for taking the effort to find them a better living situation. Beckie

I'm so glad you're going to get them out of there. I hope they will soon be able to go to loving forever homes and be pampered pets.

Well I talked to Lisa at SARS (Small Animal Rescue) and we're gonna try to get them into foster care ASAP. Hopefully within the next couple days. I'm just waiting for permission from the current owner to take them.

--Dawn

naturestee wrote:
Hopefully they can get them out soon. Pipp's been wanting another foster bunny anyway. ;)
Actually? :no:

Pipp wants to be an only bun. We have jealousy and territorial issues, and besides, the current foster bunny beat her up when she tried to throw him out of the house.

However, her hoomin' slave, SAS, does have some room. :) And the poor foster bun could use a friend. We hope. (He's only got half a nose from trying to make friends with the wrong girl bunny before, we're hoping it hasn't discouraged him from trying again).

SAS :whistlingand PIPP:whatever (who wants no part of this conversation)

Update:

SAS (withoutPIPP's blessings, we suspect) is going to either take in a newlittle ND Dwarf from Lisa to free up her cage space, orone or both of the two buns above, should know on Friday.

The current foster bun, Radar,is going to have to share. PIPP says'no way is another bun coming into HER room.'

SAS :)sans PIPP :bunnybutt:

ohhh seeing them like that is very sad,wouldnt them sitting on wire all the time hurt their feet?that just seems cruel to me,even if they could just put in something soft for them to sit on,grrrrrr,and they have to just sit in that small cage with nothing agh...

i would take them myself if i was closer,but they really do deserve a better way of life.they will feel so much better when they are out of there and with someone that actually cares about their well being.

cheryl...

I just hate seeing rabbits on wire bottom cages. That must hurt. :( I hope they find a home soon. :)

Well, I've now sent off two e-mails to the current owner, and I haven't gotten an answer yet. I've offered to buy them off him.

Hopefully I'll get an answer soon, otherwise I'll be dropping by to see him in person on Saturday on my way back to Vancouver from Chilliwack. Hopefully all will go smoothly.

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back