mind was made for me.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dungeonbunnies

Reaction score
Mike knew how upset I am about Harold, and did something completely surprising, and totally sweet.

He bought me a baby lionhead! I'll try to get a photo up later, but we think it's a lil doe (only looks about 9-10 wks old, still a lil tricky to tell) and he even named her Swiffer! Knowing how long I've wanted one named that.

We could never replace Harold, but at this point, I'm going to wait until I'm finished with college and we have a bigger place to breed lops. IF I do at all.

I may just stick to adoption. :)

Introducing my Swiffer!
IMG_20121103_165444.jpg

what color is she?
IMG_20121103_165453.jpg

(duct tape roll for size comparison)
IMG_20121103_165531.jpg

awww! he looks a little younger than 9-10 weeks to me, just based on the smushy face, but I could easily be wrong. Nala's nose was a little more extended by that age.

the pet store told mike that they (there were 5 or 6) had been there a couple of weeks. I should've known than to give them the benefit of a doubt. >_> Either way, she's home safe and sound now.

Mike said they'd looked TERRIFIED, he felt really sorry for them. He also says Swiffer is my Christmas, Valentine's Day, Birthday (2 wks later), and 2 yr anniversary gift. lol I can live with that.

EDIT: Normally I don't condone petstore bunnies, Mike figured having a baby around would help make me feel better. it's the thought that counts.

He is super duper totally cute. I wanna squeeze him :)

Yes, i do agree with Jennifer, looks younger than 9-10 weeks too, I got Agnes (my Lionhead) at 7 weeks and he looks just as little as her, if not younger.

She is so tiny, I'm not surprised that she's so young. Hopefully no permanent damage will come from being taken from momma too early. :/

EDITED FOR SPEAKING REAL ENGLISH. lol

Too much cute!!

I rescued Tippy from a bad breeder who was separating bunnies from their mothers super early. She was 4 weeks when she got her. She grew up just fine.

Yeah, needless to say I wanted to take all of the baby bunnies and be like "here...you have a good home now"...but yeah, it's possible to raise one that was weaned too young...we have no idea when they separated Q from her mother...but at 4 weeks, they she was already on pellet food.

Your new baby is beyond adorable!

Yea, I think I may have to marry him after all... he's pretty marvelous sometimes! <3

Back