Milo one day, Lucky the next

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A beautiful story for a beautiful rabbit :pink iris:Lucky would be so happy you're looking back on her life (With you, and with Bunbun) this way.
The forum will always be here for you :group:so you don't have to feel alone~
I've thought about you a lot lately (And will continue to). Take care of yourself, okay? (And I agree about the bleach thing. It's definitely a no-go. I even got a little sprayed on my hand one time and it started burning. :( Chemicles = Not safe for bare skin )
I know others have offered, and you probably know them abetter, but if you ever feel like you need to talk, I'll be more than willing to listen.

~Diana and Butter

NZminilops wrote:
Thank you.

It's nothing contagious, he died in a household accident :(. I have all the house rabbit proofed, wires blocked off etc. We have this 18 inch bass speaker (sub) in the lounge, with a 3 inch or so diameter porthole near the bottom. Milo was out with us in the lounge running around, having fun. He got into the porthole when I had turned my back to get the phone, chewed a wire and was electrocuted. I couldn't find him and didn't know where he was or what had happened, until I smelt a burning smell :(. I never thought about that stupid speaker box, it didn't even occur to me that he'd be able to fit through there. So of course, it's my fault, I basically let him die, didn't I?

I'm struggling for a reason why I should be allowed rabbits here, help me out guys. I feel totally defeated - I honestly don't think I should be in charge of animals at all.

I am so sorry. Please don't be too hard on yourself.

In my blog I tell about how I got my rabbits, after my dog died. Now I'll tell what caused his death:

He had a pet taxi, and I cleaned it in the tub one day. I ended up bending the bottom latch on it, so it wouldnt close correctly.

I looked at local stores but the price was high so I decided to make due for a while. I bought one from eBay and until it arrived I used the damaged crate.

To be on the safe side, I flipped it upside down, s o the broken end was on top. He was a small dog, so he couldnt reach it.. .probelm solved.

Until the day I cleaned the crate and air dried it on my back deck. When I brought it in I forgot to flip it upside down. I was in a hurry, put him in it and went to work.

The next morning when I came home I found that he had tried to squeeze out of his crate, but had gotten stuck with only his head out.

Two hours after I buried him, FedEx delivered his new crate, the one I was proud to have save a few dollars on by ordering online.

My point in telling this is to show we are all human and accidents do happen.

I'm so sorry you had to go through losing Milo.

NZminilops wrote:
i feel sick, Lucky has passed away as well, she's stiff with a bloodied nose, what could cause that, i think she only just died as i heard her bouncing about

i'm hyperventilating, what can i do to calm down? help someone, anyone please, why is my life such a nightmare

two rabbits in two days, what am I doing wrong, are they all going to pass

((hugs))

I can't express enough sympathy for the pain you feel.

Oh Michelle, I feel so bad for you. Please, don't blame yourself - accidents will always happen, and I know that there are several of us here that have had close calls.

Both Milo and Lucky were beautiful bunnies, and I'm sure they are together at The Bridge, worrying about their mom.

Take care.

Jan

(((Michelle)))

I am so very sorry for your loss. :(I sometimeswish there was some type of magic wand we could use on all the members of the board here to help ease the pain, as so many have lost cherished pets over the last while. And in being rabbit owners, we all know there are so many risks involved, as these guys can be quite different from owning a cat or dog...they are constantly into everything, chewing, digging, getting into or out of areas where we wouldn't even think they couldfit...and accidents can - and do - happen frequently. Even the most bunny-proofed of homes cannot prevent some things from happening. When I was home the other day and walked into the rabbit's room, Yofi was running around playing. And the simple act of opening the door caused him tobolt in total panic...he leapt onto a small table and catapulted himself off the wall and landed on the other side of the room, then sped around for another moment or two, his heart (and mine) racing wildly. With something as simple as that happening, he could easily have suffered a heart attack...rabbits are just so fragile, and as much as we try to protect them, we cannot always forsee everything.

I know this won't help to take away your pain, but I do believe that in life, everything happens for a reason; the good, the bad, and all the in-between. And while we do call them accidents, I do believe that these events too, are meant to happen...for some greater purpose that we humans cannot comprehend while we are still here on Earth.When it is time for a pet to leave, they go...and unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it. You loved Milo and Lucky with all your heart, and you gave them the most wonderful and loving home. Please, through your pain, remember all that you did for them, and cherish the love that flowed both from you to them, and them to you.

My prayers and thoughts, and loving hugsgo out to you....

~Di

Big hugs to all you lovely people :group:, for sharing your thoughts and stories with me and being so supportive. You are all really the most awesome group of people.

I'm doing my absolute best to stay cheery and positive, the nights are the worst. While I am up, I can keep my mind busy with TV, internet, reading books etc. It's just that minute when I finally fall into the bed and the images flash past my eyes of Milo and Lucky...that's the hardest time :cry4:

BunBun, who was bonded to Lucky for quite a long time, has been needing a lot of my attention lately. He doesn't seem depressed, he's just being very playful and demanding head pets and cuddles which has been nice. He's very special to me, I don't talk abouyt him often as I like to keep him all to myself, but it's time I started sharing more pictures and stories about my little BunBun. He and Lucky were so close while they were bonded, I know a little bit of her will always be inside him.

Milo was a special little dude, he was really starting to warm up to me and he was a real hoot. The way he used to just climb straight up things like he was a mountaineer was really hilarious. When I think back on him, I can't help but break out into a smile at his antics. He loved to find the corners in a room and dig furiously at them - he was convinced there were secret exits at all the corners.

He was a really relaxed bunny, wouldn't even bother to get up if he had flopped over and a stranger walked in the room. Would just lay there looking all casual and like he didn't have a care in the world.

I hope that they are together somewhere up there with all my other bridge bunnies. In my 10 years of rabbit ownership, I have lost too many good rabbits to bad reasons. I'm hoping it's not some sort of stupid curse because I have come to realise that I don't want to live without a bun in my life.

The weather today is hidious which doesn't help me to stay cheerful, the wind is blowing so hard that the house is shaking and it's teeth (windows) are rattling :(. I'm gonna take that as Lucky being up there shaking her little paws at me for not packing a banana for her to take to the rainbow bridge. Sorry honey.

I'm having a hard time trying to see the difference between the essence of an animal, and the body.

I keep thinking Milo is cold in the ground and is upset waiting for me to go and cuddle him or something. I think he can feel the earth around him and is scared in a dark place :(.

I go pick up Lucky's body today and get the report from her necropsy.

Over all, feeling very weird today.

milo is not in that cold dark place michelle :) milo is with all of the other bridge buns, and that means he is within warmth and love. milo's body was a temporary house for his beautiful soul, and he is happy and binkying free with all of our furry children that have passed on. as well as, of course, lucky.

please let us know what happened to lucky. i just can't even imagine how this must feel for you, especially when it just broke my heart as well.

~ tracy and nemo

Thank you Tracy, that means a lot.

I just keep thinking, it was his body I cuddled, his body I kissed, his body I brushed, his body in pictures...it's just really hard to seperate Milo the personality and Milo the physical being :?.

The vet told me yesterday it wasn't anything viral, he said he'l discuss it with me further today but that it was something with her heart, which had a hole in it. Not sure about that or what it means, guess I will find out today exactly.

I'm feeling nervous and queesy!

when humans have a hole in their heart, it usually is called a heart murmur. meaning that some of the blood isn't getting pumped correctly when passing through the damaged spot. a lot of babies are born with murmurs and they have to be fixed before baby can leave the hospital. i don't know if it is a murmur in buns, but if it is, there was really no way for you to know unless she had displayed symptoms like shortness of breath or she didn't really run around much, etc etc.

the body is tangible to us, but the soul isn't. of course you expressed your love physically to him by grooming and petting him. but your love was always there for him, and love isn't tangible either. there are some things in life that never leave us....your love and the animals, people, and things you gave/give your love to are some of those things :)

~ tracy and nemo

Back