Milo one day, Lucky the next

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZminilops

Reaction score
Milo just passed 30 minutes ago, in a horrible way :(, nothing anyone could do for him.

My poor little man, he was barely here long enough for me to get to know him again . He was born here, rehomed, then came back as an adult.

Nothing is going right here, I am jinxed, I feel I should give all my buns to the SPCA to stop my curse. It's getting to the point where my first thought when I wake up is one of dread, about "what bad thing is going to happen today?".

I don't know what I am doing wrong, I am so sorry little guy.

I feel sick and like I am losing my mind. He was so lovely, he didn't deserve anything bad to ever happen to him.

Goodbye sweet love of mine.

DSC01642.jpg

DSC01637.jpg

DSC01626.jpg

OMG, oh no, just sent you a PM but it was before I read this!!

I am SO sorry Michelle :bigtears:
I really hope that whatever happened to him is not contagious to your other buns!!

You poor BunMum, its so hard I know, but you are a lovely person, please do not let t
this stop you from enjoying your other little furry friends...they depend on you:pink iris:

Take care, so sad for you....

Noooo, poor Michelle.... :sad:

What happened?

You just had such a great day with Lucky's recovery, this is so sad.

(But see? Things are good, too, just like with bunnies the world over -- good things and bad things). :hug1

So sorry about Milo, he looked very sweet. :rainbow:

sas :cry1:

Oh no, I am so sorry :bigtears:

He was such a beautiful boy :rainbow:

I'm so sorry :(

You are a great bunny mom - Bunnies are just delicate and sensitive. We lose them far too easily sometimes.

I'm just happy that Milo was home with you in his final days.

:hug:

I am so sorry.

[align=center]
heart.gif
[/align]

[align=center]We choose them sometimes they choose us and other times they are given to us.[/align]

[align=center]We bring them home and suddenly learn there is so much more. [/align]

[align=center]We love them and care for them.[/align]

[align=center]We feed them and play with them.[/align]

[align=center]We watch them grow and marvel at the change.[/align]

[align=center]We laugh and enjoy there every move. [/align]

[align=center]We sometimes get annoyed at some of what they do, than they look at us and it is all ok.[/align]

[align=center]We do our best to keep them safe and it is not enough.[/align]

[align=center]We sometimes make the choice for how there life ends and sometimes they choose it. [/align]

[align=center]We love them will all our hearts in the end they know this and that is best of all. They go to the bridge loved when so many others have never known love. They go knowing some day we will see them again and their hearts as well as ours will be whole. [/align]

[align=center] ----------------------[/align]

[align=center]Binky Free. RIPSweet Boy,You will be missed.[/align]

[align=center]
angelsko.jpg
[/align]

Oh I'm so sorry for your loss. You've been through a tough time but don't think it's a curse. It's not. As everyone here will say, there is always a balance of good and bad, just make sure you remember the good and don't dwell on the bad.

Binky free sweet Milo.

:bigtears:

Oh no..Michelle...I am so sorry. :( You don't deserve this.

Binky free Milo... :rainbow:

You are a wonderful bunny-mum, you've just had some bad luck recently, please don't seriously consider giving your lovelies away. :(

Thank you.

It's nothing contagious, he died in a household accident :(. I have all the house rabbit proofed, wires blocked off etc. We have this 18 inch bass speaker (sub) in the lounge, with a 3 inch or so diameter porthole near the bottom. Milo was out with us in the lounge running around, having fun. He got into the porthole when I had turned my back to get the phone, chewed a wire and was electrocuted. I couldn't find him and didn't know where he was or what had happened, until I smelt a burning smell :(. I never thought about that stupid speaker box, it didn't even occur to me that he'd be able to fit through there. So of course, it's my fault, I basically let him die, didn't I?

I'm struggling for a reason why I should be allowed rabbits here, help me out guys. I feel totally defeated - I honestly don't think I should be in charge of animals at all.

My partner isn't being very supportive and chose to go to work today (Saturday) even though he didn't have to, which I thought wasn't what he should be doing.

I'll be placing Milo into his final resting place this morning in about 2 hours, and will say a few words for him. If any of you are able to be awake or spare a minute to think of him then, that would be so much appreciated, I know he will feel it.

He was such a funny little dude. He loved grass SO much, almost every picture I took of him out in his run he had a blade of grass sticking out of his mouth. He was very relaxed, DBF no matter what was happening around him, and he was drop dead gorgeous. He had the dearest little nose, and a cute long tail that he would flick up and down whenever he got excited. He loved to dig, and climb. He could climb vertically up anything that was like a grid or mesh.

DSC01725.jpg

DSC01729.jpg

And look at this closely...climbing up some mesh, and a blade of grass in his mouth!

DSC01746.jpg

You never failed to bring a smile to my face, Milo. I loved your wiggly tail, your long ears, your butterfly nose, your calm nature, your appetite, your zest for life and all things fun. I am so sorry I let you down, so sorry I took my eyes off you for a minute while you were running around. I'm sorry I killed you by not being diligent enough. I hope you can forgive me.

Oh Michelle, I'm so sorry, just seeing this now. I know you are probably beating yourself up very badly right now. Please try not to. It was an accident. A bad accident. I'm so so sorry.

Milo, you were so beautiful. I'll be thinking of you. Binky free at the bridge sweetheart.:rainbow:

Thanks Crystal, I'll tell him you said he was beautiful.

Look at this nose, isn't it precious? So Kissable? I can't believe I wont be able to kiss his nose in the mornings when I get up anymore :(.

DSC01655.jpg

Oh no. What an awful accident. Sometimes we just don't know what they might do..... we can only protect them as best as we can - we are not perfect creatures.

He came home to you for a reason...... his death has a reason too. He might have lost his life to save another somewhere.

Please don't beat yourself up over this. Accidents can and do happen. We can try our best but sometimes our bunnies are faster or smarter than we are.

As much as I try to keep Tiny away from cords - he still finds them sometimes. Fortunately, they've usually been cords connecting something to the computer or tv...but he doesn't know the difference between an electrical cord and a phone cord. He just knows 'oooh...cord...yummy..".

We once had a cat die a needless death....she climbed in the dryer when I got out the sheets for the kids' bed and when I hit "tumble" later on - I had no idea she was in there. It was hours later when we found her....

Should I think, "I should never have a cat because of what happened?". That was over 22 years ago and I would have deprived our family of many many years of cat companionship if I had taken that attitude.

Instead, I've learned from it and go on. I now check the dryer two and three times before starting it (yes - I know I'm paranoid) - and we've had cats ever since then.

Please - as much as you're grieving right now - do not continue to beat yourself up. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies because we compare our "worst" actions to the best actions of others.

I know that with Tiny, I used to feel like I must be a horrible bunny parent. At that time, Apollo was with us on the forum and I'd see pictures of him with his people and how loving and playful he was. Why wasn't Tiny like that? But I was looking at the worst of my situation (Tiny being unsocialized) and comparing it to the best of another situation (Apollo being around people and having pictures taken for cute reasons). I could have really missed out on my relationship with Tiny had I continued to focus on what I didn't have or how he didn't act like I wanted.

With all that said - I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it is something that is going to hurt for a long time. But I know Milo knew he was loved and he was special....and right now he's probably binkying free.

Peg

I can only echo Peg's post. Try not to consume yourself with the 'what ifs' :hug2:

i feel sick, Lucky has passed away as well, she's stiff with a bloodied nose, what could cause that, i think she only just died as i heard her bouncing about

i'm hyperventilating, what can i do to calm down? help someone, anyone please, why is my life such a nightmare

two rabbits in two days, what am I doing wrong, are they all going to pass

i have her wrapped in newspaper in a garbage bag, should I keep her body and get a necropsy done or might she infect the house? her mouth is wide open and bloodied as well as her nose, it's like someone punched her in the head but i'm the only person home and no way in hell she could do that in her cage

I'm so confused and sick, I'm puking and can't breath right, i feel like my life is falling apart :(

OMG Michelle, I'm so sorry! Of al people, this shouldn't be happening to you. :cry1:

Was she pooping and peeing normally? The bloodied nose may be bad news -- VHD -- but it may also just be that she banged it when she was end-stage.

Whatever the case, this certainly isn't your fault. :(

I'll see if I can dig up more info. But please, hang in there... and stay close. :hug1We're here for you... we love you very much. :hearts

sas :sad:

Back