Miley's world

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew Clyde was down falling but not this fast :( I didn't even have time to do anything

I woke up one more to him limping a little so I called the vet, got an appointment for that day and I tended to him and Miley, gave him some extra love , made breakfast...ect and sometime in between all of that - he lost full movement and control of his hind legs - by the time I saw this it was already time for the vet.

We get there and they keep him over night to keep a close eye on him. They told me it was more than likely e cuniclui (how ever it's spelt) and that if that is what it is, I couldn't of done anything because he showed no signs.

He stayed there 2 nights and didn't get any better or show any signs. He stopped eating because he wouldn't move himself, he would only move into a corner and if I set the food infront of him - he'd move the other way.

Well, This evening me, my vet and boyfriend agreed it was best to put him to sleep :tears2: Clyde loved running and I could tell his whole life was over in his eyes - he gave up on himself before anyone else. I knew he would never be happy again and having him hooked on IVs wasn't his way of life. I feel so terrible for having to do this to my baby.

I had not had him long, maybe a month of so. I was still figuring out his quirks and personality but now he is gone. I didn't realize how attached I was to him so quickly.

It hasn't really hit me yet that he is gone :nerves1

im so sorry hun...i know how hard it was loosing Ess...but im sure it would have been twice as hard having to make the decision whether he lived or died. it was best for Clyde though, now he can run(maybe fly if he gets his wings!! :) ) and be happy forever watching over you and Miley.

Thank you both :) and I am sorry about both of your babies as well!

It was hard, but not as hard as you would think. I don't think that will make sense without me sounding cruel but I knew I couldn't do anything for him at that point and it wasn't too hard for me to choose what was best for him at this point, no matter how heart breaking it was and still is. He is still my baby boy and I want the best for him - even if that means he isn't physically here with us.

This morning I prepared two salads because it still hasn't really hit me yet. So I just gave Miley both portions - atleast she can have some joy haa. She was much more cuddly last night as if she knew - she kept walking inbetween my legs and standing up against my legs, she never does that! It's like she was yelling "I'm here, I'm hereee - don't be sad love on me, I'm here.....still here" in a very desperate whiny voice.

I'm sorry for your loss. You werea GREAT mommy to him and took care of him, when he needed it most.

Binky Free Clyde :pink iris:

I am so sorry for your loss of Clyde. Maybe Miley picked him out because somehow she knew he was sick and that you would provide him with a happy loving home for the time he had left.

Dave

well im glad Miley is there for you, must be annoying like a little dog with her between her legs like that :)

and i understand...it doesnt make you seem cruel. you were thinking of him first and putting your feelings aside. you did whats best for him and he will love you for it...you didnt murder him...you freed him of his pain.

*hugs tight*

Dave - That maybe be it. When I was going to get him, she didn't even sniff anyone, she ran straight to him and sat next to him ignoring everyone else. If he moved, then she moved. It was so bizarre.

April and Becka - Thank you so much. Everyone's words are so comforting right now.
Every little thing makes me feel so much better every single day :)

Fuzz - It is a little annoying! but so cute at the same time haha. It's only annoying when I'm in a time crunch to get something done and she is literally RIGHT THERE haa.

The only reason I added in the "cruel" part was because when I spoke with my other
the other day after I did it, I went to her house for comfort (I guess) and she told me
that I was cruel, she didn't know how I could do that ... ect. So then it made me
starting thinking I might have done the wrong thing.

-------------------

Now, on another note - Miley got her first hay ball yesterday :) I thought she was
going to break her neck because she was throwing it around so much! haha

IMG00281.jpg

IMG00286.jpg

This is possibly my favorite one with the hay ball! haha I don't know hat she was trying to do, she kept rolling it under her body, then slinging it out and throwing it ... roll undder body .. sling... on and on hahaa
IMG00283.jpg

SLING
IMG00287.jpg

"What? I wasn't doing anything" Miss innocent Miley haa
IMG00288.jpg

"Gotta treatttttttttt?"
IMG00267.jpg

On another plus side - My new digital camera came today so expect a lot of new
photos tonight. New, CLEAR photos. No more camera phoneeeee :) :) :)
I got the new Casio Exhilm EX-S5S in blue , 10.1 mp. It's soooo cute

As Clyde's mommy you did what was best for him. It was your decision and you knew him best.

I love the pic's. LOl. With her and the ball. That is sooooo cute!!:)I like the first pic where you can't see anything but her swinging the ball in her mouth. LOl.

LOL maybe i should get a ball like that for Mimzy...the boys had one but would never play with them. maybe my Mimzy will have more fun like Miley with a hay ball :)

Thank you guys! I know I did the right thing but it was a very emotional time and when someone says something like that - it makes you stop and think. Almost like their in your head, controlling you haa. I forgot to say that I buried Clyde - my vet wanted to KEEP HIM and I have no clue why. He is buried under an oak tree with my beloved pug, Cooper who also had to be put to sleep.

Coopers Story :
He had just turned 3 years old in September and in October, he went down hill. We still to this day do not know exactly what happened to my baby. One morning I woke up calling Mally(lab) and Cooper for breakfast and Cooper who was normally first there, was no where to be found. I looked everywhere, calling him and nothing. Eventually I found him but he was walking with his head down and acting like he couldn't hear me, he was very disorientated. I rushed him to the vet who said he could have an ear infection (I thought so too) so he gave us a pill to give to Cooper.

That night I gave him the pill and roughly 6 hours later he started having siezures in the middle of the night on and off, he went back to the vet the next morning and they gave him an IV drip of _____, whatever it is to stop siezures for a while. So back home we went.

I was determined he would snap out of it but everytime he would get done have a siezure, he would look for me and run to me if I wasnt there but most of the time I was holding him so he didn't injure himself.

Eventually, he had so many seizures, his body wouldn't stop twitching. He hadn't eaten of drank unless I was feeding him smushed blended food through a syringe, he hadn't peed or pooped in 2 days.

I had to put him to sleep. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do and a year later, I still can't look at picture of him without crying.

Then recently - there was a documentary on how many dogs in the U.S have died due to Advantage flea medicine. I researched it and all the dogs showed the same symptoms as Cooper did. There were around 5-7 thousand dogs REPORTED by dying like this, I can't imagine how many it really is plus the people that didn't have a necropsy done to figure out what had happened. Cooper was on advantage since he was a puppy.

----------------------------

Miley time. New camera.

Miley got mad at me today, for the first time. Yesterday when I cleaned the litter box I didn't realize I didn't have enough litter to fill it how she likes it and lets just say, this morning she let me know haha. I went in there to give her, her first banana chip and she swatted my hand away but jumping up and pouncing on it and grunting at the same time.

Her door.
door.jpg

This hallway is her main run area. I block it off and let her run in there all day while I work, I leave her bedroom door open so she still has access to all her stuff.
20090804_16.jpg

Chowing down
20090804_17.jpg

What I normally use to block off the hall was being used so I made an easy fix haha. Which she thought was no competition for her.
20090804_19.jpg

Flopping arounddd
20090804_20.jpg

"I wannaaaa in"
20090804_22.jpg

This is quite possibly the best picture I have ever taken of her.

"We gonna keep the litter box full like I like it from now on, arentttttttt weeee?
20090804_21.jpg

fuzz16 wrote:
LOL maybe i should get a ball like that for Mimzy...the boys had one but would never play with them. maybe my Mimzy will have more fun like Miley with a hay ball :)
You should! You can see up in the photo I just posted, the ball has been halfway eaten now. It was almost gone this morning - she lovesssssss it. I bought mine from Petco for like 3 dollars :)

Your camera takes great photos. real clear!

Miley is so cute! She has the perfect set-up at your work! :)

Thank you very much :) I am in love with this camera haha.

I think she has got it made too! She does get shorted of some love that she would get if she was at home with me but she is still so happy and you can tell it. She has a huge room, her own hallway because we never use that one and her own little side yard to go out in for a little bit.

I go in early to work to see her. I leave late. I eat my lunch in there and if I'm working 12 hours like I do on weekends, on my hour break I take naps in there with her where she snuggles up in my armpit for some reason but whatever ha. I used to split the time all equal between her and Clyde so that no one got fusssy over the other having more Mommy time haha. I also take little 'pit stops' down her hall to give her a treat or a quick nose rub.

I'm starting something new too. Where every other week I am going to stay at a hotel and bring her with me so we can catch up on all the loving. I used to tell her and Clyde all the time "it's only temporary, you'll be at home soon" Only 5 more months and I'm moving somewhere new - It seems long saying "5" but really time flys haha.

I hope so atleast :expressionless

ya i agree, your camera does take really nice pictures.
i have to use flash cause the buns are always to fast...and even with that its 1 out of 5 pictures that turn out decent.

does she not chew on the plastic water dish? might try that with the boys!

hotel will be expensive...i wonder though if itll be stressful for her moving around. but shes used to car rides so maybe not

do you plan on getting another bunny to bond with Miley? or are you gonna stick with her until you move into your place?

I havent really decided yet as to if I am going to get another bun. I don't think I am able to emotionally right now - with the loss of Clyde and everything else going on, it would be hard. She is a pretty happy bunbun right now.

She is a weird rabbit, I know haha. She likes car rides - she knows in order to go outside to sit at the door and thump, when she comes in she hops right back to her room. I don't think she knows she is a rabbit. She went to the pet store with me once and picked out her toy for her "month day" haha, I put a blankie in a cart and let her sit in the cart like a child down where all the items go and she loved it. She was standing up on her hind legs smelling everything! She's an oddball. Hotels down here are 35$ ish a night for just a basic, nice hotel - nothing extravagant. We stayed at one a few weeks back because I had to close one night and then open at 7am the next morning and with an hour drive to work, I needed more sleep haha but anyways, she LOVED it. I think it was the carpet mainly - running and using the bed as a jumping dock and land dock.

No, She doesn't chew anything! not her water bowl, litter box or anything. That water bowl is easy to knock over though, that's why I have her in the corner because unless it is filled up with water they would be able to knock it over.

I really do take too many photos of her haa.

I built Miley a "club house" today out of boxes hahaa.

Bunnnny buttt :)
20090805_23.jpg

20090805_27.jpg

I didn't realize how big she was when I was cutting the holes to enter through.
20090805_33.jpg

"Imma eat it to make it bigger, k mom?"
20090805_39.jpg

I decorated it :)
20090805_36.jpg

"outside, lets go outside, ouside nowww *thump*"
20090805_28.jpg

action shots haa
20090805_3.jpg

20090805_10.jpg

Recently when she gets tired, she squeeeeeeeeeeeezes herself in between my back and the wall.
20090805_34.jpg

20090805_35.jpg

"Gotta read rabbitusa to make sure momma is taken care of me right, see mom 3 oz per lb - not 1! I'm starved!!!!!"
20090805_19.jpg

On other news - I am going to enter Miley in the rabbit usa photo contest haha (I have nothing better to do) The contest this time are "exploring buns" which is just your bunny exploring their enviroment and "Hopping ____(i can't remember) which is 'your bunnies are their happiest moment" I don't know if that means a binkie action shot or whatever but you can enter 3 photos per category :) it's exciting but I wouldn't know for a while since the photos dont even have to be in until Sep. 1st

&& my boyfriend finally agreed to letting me get a puppy when we move out. I want a female BLACK pug. Cooper was a fawn so I couldn't do another fawn so I'm going to go with black :) I am so excited because then I can really dress her up without people saying "that's a boy" I put cute clothes on Cooper and got such strange re actions because he was a boy. I am going to name her Barbie haha! Yes, I already have her name picked out. Looks like I have to make sure Miley stays social with doggies, which she is already good about.

I love all the pic's you take of her :)That camera takes great pic's. Catching her running. :biggrin2:*I think I need to get a better camera now. LOl.

*I want pic's like that of my bunnies.

Latest posts

Back