Miley's world

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
000_0094-2.jpg

Welcome Clyde, great photo I love it. He is a handsome guy.

Rudy and my flemmie are not bonded, Rudy has eyes for a mini lop named Pudge.

paul2641 wrote:
Clyde is absolutely gorgeous. I Think you should let them have a little scrap and sort out who is on top!
Miley is on top haha.
I let them have some time together in the laundry room and she bullied Clyde around so bad, she bit him on his rear end and ever since he really freaks out at the sight of her.

I tried them together again not too long ago and he ran so fast when I put Miley on the ground. He is terrified of her!

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
000_0094-2.jpg

Welcome Clyde, great photo I love it. He is a handsome guy.

Rudy and my flemmie are not bonded, Rudy has eyes for a mini lop named Pudge.
Thank you very much :)

wow Clyde is stupid cute! his ears look huge! makes him look all awkward :)

and i dont think Mimzy's parents were nearly that big!

Shainabee wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
Clyde is absolutely gorgeous. I Think you should let them have a little scrap and sort out who is on top!
Miley is on top haha.
I let them have some time together in the laundry room and she bullied Clyde around so bad, she bit him on his rear end and ever since he really freaks out at the sight of her.

I tried them together again not too long ago and he ran so fast when I put Miley on the ground. He is terrified of her!
Ever tried putting them in a bath tub together that normally scares rabbits into a bond!

or give them thier favorite treats and Miley will be so intent on food she wont even realize he's there! :)

No, I haven't tried the bathtub yet. I have tried greens, and a car ride though.

When the veggies, Miley protected them whenever he went near and the car ridehaha, that was a disaster. I didn't take into account how Miley LOVES to go in
the car so she thinks the front seat is "her area" and no one elses.
Thank goodness I wasn't actually driving yet when she jumped on him. He had a
scab on his shoulder area from this trip. Poor little guy :(

I really think I'm nervous to try again, honestly.
I don't want either of them to get hurt (mainly Clyde) He is just so terrified of her,
hetries to run to me when he sees her and then this makes her mad because
thenshe goes into "oh noooo, sumone is tryin to hurt my mommy and/or take all myy luvv :grumpy:"

Clyde isn't having a good day today.
No matter how many times I flea comb his fur I cannot get the fleas out. He is on halfa tube of advantage a month but these fleas are killing him (not literal)
His skin is so flaky and raw, he doesn't really want to be touched.

He hasn't eaten too much today - a little less than normal and during floortime, he just slept.

I really need to find a new vet soon, so I can get my boy looked at again - along with
Mileys ear - Miley has been twitching her head (theres a post in the infirmary)

Bunbuns aren't enjoying their day too much today :expressionless

is it fleas or mites that Clyde has?

and i think any rabbits ive tried bonding take nicely to eachother and pretty much takes about a day.

when you let them out together are you in a big room? maybe pin them up outside but with a barrier between them so that they can touch noses and get eachothers smell for awhile. then you can slowly let them have time together and seperate them again if needed with the barrier between them? and being outside theyll be so curious they may just ignore eachother after the initial who are you thing

Shainabee wrote:
Clyde isn't having a good day today.
No matter how many times I flea comb his fur I cannot get the fleas out. He is on halfa tube of advantage a month but these fleas are killing him (not literal)
His skin is so flaky and raw, he doesn't really want to be touched.

He hasn't eaten too much today - a little less than normal and during floortime, he just slept.

I really need to find a new vet soon, so I can get my boy looked at again - along with
Mileys ear - Miley has been twitching her head (theres a post in the infirmary)

Bunbuns aren't enjoying their day too much today :expressionless
Poor Clyde you must be his god send angle please keep us posted on his progress!

Poor Clyde you must be his god send angle please keep us posted on his progress!

I really do think so - and Miley is as well. Without her, I wouldn't of picked him out of the litter.

It is so odd. The day I got Clyde, Miley came with to pick out her own future bunbuddy, there was a big giant play pen that we put her in along with the hopeful bunnies - Clyde was the runt of the litter and not doing too much, just sitting in one spot because he was scared while all his brothers were hopping around madly.

Miley ran (hopped) over to him right away and sat behind him so I took all the other babies out and left them two together and she showed no aggression or anything.
So technically Miley picked him for me to save.

It wasn't until I picked him up I saw all the fleas and how thin he was and it was a done deal - I got him.

Now that he is here. Miley hates him!
It's like she only showed the slightest interest in him for a few mins so I would buy him vs everyone else.

fuzz16 wrote:

and i think any rabbits ive tried bonding take nicely to eachother and pretty much takes about a day.

when you let them out together are you in a big room? maybe pin them up outside but with a barrier between them so that they can touch noses and get eachothers smell for awhile. then you can slowly let them have time together and seperate them again if needed with the barrier between them? and being outside theyll be so curious they may just ignore eachother after the initial who are you thing
It is fleas.
We had a skin graph done on him to see for sure.
For some reason, we just cannot get all of the fleas gone because they laid eggs and then the new generation hatches and we're back to square one.

I think there is something more serious wrong with him though. I just don't know what. We have a vet appointment on wednesday with a new vet, so we'll see.

Miley and Clyde were housed with their cages next t each other for almost a month. They didn't acknowledge each other but after a while I let them see each other without bars and like I said ; Miley scares the crap out of clyde she he runs to me, Miley doesn't like him near me so then she attacks.

As long as Clyde stays away from me ; he's safe and Miley doesn't care.

I need a pro bunny bonder to come here hahaha!

fuzz16 wrote:

It is fleas.
We had a skin graph done on him to see for sure.
For some reason, we just cannot get all of the fleas gone because they laid eggs and then the new generation hatches and we're back to square one.

I think there is something more serious wrong with him though. I just don't know what. We have a vet appointment on wednesday with a new vet, so we'll see.

Miley and Clyde were housed with their cages next t each other for almost a month. They didn't acknowledge each other but after a while I let them see each other without bars and like I said ; Miley scares the crap out of clyde she he runs to me, Miley doesn't like him near me so then she attacks.

As long as Clyde stays away from me ; he's safe and Miley doesn't care.

I need a pro bunny bonder to come here hahaha!

Both your both bunnies are gorgeous! When Clyde starts feeling better and his hair fills in, he'll be even more handsome :)

Sorry for that double post. I don't know how to delete one.

Here are some photooooos :)

The first two are from a "sleep over" Miley went to before we had Clyde and she was the only child haha.

IMG00289.jpg

IMG00292.jpg

She went and stayed the night at my boyfriends house with me because I didn't want to leave her home hahaa

These two are recent.
With her staying at a dog boarding facility she has learned to love them haha. This dog stays with us all the time due to a traveling family but we all love him there and let him hangout with us downstairs and everything - during lunch time him and Miley played haha. He is a puggle (pug and beagle) quite cute :)

IMG00295.jpg

Miley would then chase him down the stairs and run back up to make him follow her and vice versa haha they did this for about an hour.

IMG00304.jpg

That was right before Tonka ran up the stairs with a bunny as big as him chasing him hahaa.

Clyde is terrified of anything that moves (besides me and my boyfriend) so he gets to play in the laundry room where it's quite and no one can scare him, I hope someday he will be able to play in the kitchen with Miley and run of the stairs together :hearts

Sorry this photos are so grainy haha. I ordered a new digital camera online and it can't get here fast enough! ahaa so I only have to use my camera phone a few more daysssss :wiggle

SweetSassy wrote:
Both your both bunnies are gorgeous! When Clyde starts feeling better and his hair fills in, he'll be even more handsome :)
Thank youu.
In all his pictures you can't really see the extent of it for some reason, but deff. as soon as his hair comes in and he gains some weight - he'll give Miley a run for her money hahaa.

Latest posts

Back