Miffy's been chewing her dewlap - AGAIN.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yes they do look similar, Miffy is so pretty!I love her grey colouring. The bunny on my avatar is a broken tort,he's a lovely boy. I did try and change my avatar so in case it doeswork here's a picture of him.

rab2.jpg

:bump

How has Miffy been doing?

:yeahthat

~Jim

PS: Binkie chewed a BIG hole in her dewlap last week and is back to wearing her e-collar :(.

Hi JimD - I saw the post - poor Binky!! Thankfully Miffy, for the first time in a very long time, has a totally healed dewlap - no holes/no scab!! The area is still bald though and she has the biggest scars but no new biting for a while now - THANK GOD. So.....fingers crossed (although I'm sure, like Binky, she'll get it into her daft head that her dewlap is for biting again and wound herself again at some point).

mummybunny

Bunnies With Issues!!!! :(

I got to peek at Binkie's boo-boo and it looks A LOT better. At least another week though.

I may just loosen the collar up by one notch. If she'll leave the wound alone, she'll be more comfortable.

~Jim

PS: Binkie says, "HI MIFFY!! :wave2"

I knew it was too good to be true!! New wounds today on totally healed skin - AAARRRGGGGHHHHH!! And we are away on holiday on Sunday - but have a great surrogate bunny mummy who comes in every day to feed/water/adore etc. So we will have to try and get Miffy to the vet on Frid or Sat to get another steroid injection so it doesn't become a total mess whilst we are away. Will it ever end?!!!!!!!

mummybunny xx

Ohh noo not again,poor little Miffy

i'm hoping that this will eventually go away so you don't have to worry anymore

cheryl

Back from holiday - and wound totally healed due to steroid injection (again) - till next time.

In reply to previous poster - it started when she would get a wet dewlap from drinking water, then she would overgroom the area, started nibbling it, bit the skin, opened up a wound, had operation to remove dead flesh area -then a viscious cycle of healing, re-biting, new wound, steroid injection, healing, biting, new wound etc etc etc........

mummybunny

Hi mummybunny!!

:welcome2

Glad to hear that Miffy's been behaving.

We took Binkie's collar off last week and so far so good.
***fingers crossed!!***

~Jim

So glad I came upon your post! My rabbit has done the same thing, I think. At first we thought perhaps he was bitten by a rat that we've seen hanging around our shed. But now I'm thinking he has done this damage himself:( The wound looks so deep and painful...thoughts??

image.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back