Midwest/ZooToo Shelter Makeover!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone get another email from Zootoo about another sweepstakes???

:shock:

Yay on Midwest getting checked out!! That day I have a workshop but I'll be thinking of you guys then. :biggrin2:

I just got the sweepstakes email. Sounds like they're going to be giving away money a lot! That's great! Wonder where it's coming from!

Buck Rogers,

I contacted Chuck Gadica at Channel 4 and Kim Adams at Channel 4 too! I also contacted a lady at Channel 2 who said they were all set on community stories for the month of April and to get back in touch with her at a later date! ahahahaha

Kim Adams is the lady that contacted me this morning. She is a weather person on the channel in the morning time slot and I really like watching her. I've been a big fan for a few years now.

She seemed very sweet in her email and was truly sorry that she missed out helping us before the end of the contest.

Laura

It would still be awesome if they provided media coverage for the site visit. Zootoo is all about getting media coverage and I bet it would impress them. I'm so excited!!!

I can only imagine how all of you Midwest folks are feeling right now.

Oh man the shelter contest. I think the bunny rescue that helped the night Ringo came down with head-tilt may qualify. The one I foster for doesn't. If HRN does I will push for them a 100%. I emailed them when Ringo came down with Head-tilt in seconds they called and helped me through it from beginning to end.

Shannon was the original rescuer who stepped in and saved Rocky. My first foster who later on was adopted by my mom.

I think Midwest should recommend a nice bonded pair of bunnies to Richard Thompsom. He only has 2 cats. I think he is in need of more companions.

Are there any rabbit rescues in the new ZooToo rescue contest? I don't know if I have it in me to do another one, but for rabbits I will try :)

-Kathy

Rabbit Habitat is in the running for the sweepstakes and Ive heard great things about them. If no one else from RO has a rescue in the running we should all put our force behind them.

If any one is interested in cats and dogs,I would like to ask you to register for the rescue Heaven Can Wait in Akron, OH. http://www.heaven-can-wait.com/ They really do rescue from the House of Horrors, Summit County Animal Control. You can use zip code 44233 to pull up the shelter.

I would urge all those who pulled for Midwest to register a rescue of your choice. The good news is, you don't have to do any reviews! The rescues that have the most people registered go into the sweepstakes pool. That's all there is to it - just register the charity of your choice - no reviews, no news stories, etc.

Evey wrote:
Are there any rabbit rescues in the new ZooToo rescue contest? I don't know if I have it in me to do another one, but for rabbits I will try :)

-Kathy
see my post above - you don't have to do anything but register the charity of your choice - no reviews, no flagging, etc.

They were talking about it on the TODAY show this morning. I was sick and couldn't stay awake but they were showing how they were going to be traveling - it was like a snippit. I think they will be airing the visits on the show.

I'll try to watch again next week....

I need to know if anyone knows or has a list of the rabbit shelters throughout the United States.

I wanted to try to put some statistics together for our powerpoint presentation and maybe try to make the point to Richard Thompson that when you support Midwest and the rabbit cause, you are really supporting shelters all over the US. This would be a huge boost for the rabbit rescue in general and bring their plight public to the masses, not just in Michigan!!!

If anyone has that handy or fairly easy to grab and provide for me that would be much appreciated.

Good night!

Laura

seniorcats wrote:
If any one is interested in cats and dogs,I would like to ask you to register for the rescue Heaven Can Wait in Akron, OH. http://www.heaven-can-wait.com/ They really do rescue from the House of Horrors, Summit County Animal Control. You can use zip code 44233 to pull up the shelter.

I would urge all those who pulled for Midwest to register a rescue of your choice. The good news is, you don't have to do any reviews! The rescues that have the most people registered go into the sweepstakes pool. That's all there is to it - just register the charity of your choice - no reviews, no news stories, etc.

I'm a cat lover - have two beautiful boys myself that I got from two different cat rescues locally. I would be happy to help out and support this Heaven-Can-Wait as you suggested.

I'm crazy because I have a house full of animals and I'm looking online today (as a matter of fact) at the cats available through one of the local rescues. I don't need another animal, but I just can't stop myself. I love kitties!!!!

Laura

lilbitsmom wrote:
seniorcats wrote:

I'm a cat lover - have two beautiful boys myself that I got from two different cat rescues locally. I would be happy to help out and support this Heaven-Can-Wait as you suggested.

I'm crazy because I have a house full of animals and I'm looking online today (as a matter of fact) at the cats available through one of the local rescues. I don't need another animal, but I just can't stop myself. I love kitties!!!!

Laura

Hee hee, I am an enabler with 16 cats of my own. 10 are seniors and many have special needs. My husband and I try to bring in kitties over the age of 10 yrs and very shy cats.

Check the shelter where I volunteer http://www.stayawhilecatshelter.org We would love to have you visit and see our no cage/no kill facility.

Heaven Can Wait has some very disturbing links to the events at the Summit County Animal control.Sumit Animal Controlplace is horrible. The former manager used captured dogs for fighting at the animal control shelter. he was caught on film robbing the place of drugs. Sadly, all the horror stories are true. This place is infamous and the obadwordy exec is corrupt. It's constantly in the news. Would definitely appreciate your signing up for Heaven Can wait! Theyrescue all their animals from Summit Animal Control.

Thank you Laura, Michelle and Chris - I see you signed up for Heaven Can Wait!

lilbitsmom wrote:
I need to know if anyone knows or has a list of the rabbit shelters throughout the United States.

I wanted to try to put some statistics together for our powerpoint presentation and maybe try to make the point to Richard Thompson that when you support Midwest and the rabbit cause, you are really supporting shelters all over the US. This would be a huge boost for the rabbit rescue in general and bring their plight public to the masses, not just in Michigan!!!

If anyone has that handy or fairly easy to grab and provide for me that would be much appreciated.

Good night!

Laura
Try this page http://www.rabbit.org/links/index.html They have a lot of rabbit only rescues listed plus the HRS chapters

Seniorcats,

I love the shelter that you volunteer at. That place is truly a sanctuary, isn't it. I would love working in a place like that. It is so clean tooo!!!! I couldn't get over how clean it is.

Thanks for the link to HRS. This will help me greatly. I'll spend some time tonight when I'm at home and see if I can come up with an estimate on how many actual rabbit rescues there are across the US and also include the HRS chapters that are out there.

We are brainstorming constantly right now. I can't turn my brain off actually. I'm not sleeping much these days and we've got a long road ahead. I think I will need a vacation when this whole evaluation process is over! :)

Thanks again for your support.

Laura

Laura, we have a rescue resource list here on the forum. If you want I can get you a number later today if that would help.

I am going for House Rabbit Network. They do qualify and are on it now.

Haley wrote:
Rabbit Habitat is in the running for the sweepstakes and Ive heard great things about them. If no one else from RO has a rescue in the running we should all put our force behind them.

I think everybody without a current affiliation/favouriteshould hold off for a few days until we do/complete some research, and pick one we can all (or he majority) can concentrate on.

sas :thanks:

Latest posts

Back