Michigan

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah!! But I guess Im going to Wisconsin for a week.. Going to talk to my aunts friend to try to breed Finch

Cool! :biggrin2:Remember, small compact buck for her. lol How big is she now? Her brother surprised me, he's not as big as I thought he was going to be. lol Lucky me! :D

Hi wooly_queen, I am from Sault Ste. Marie. I pass through Gaylord lots, and do some shopping there quite abit too. I was woondering if there is a rabbit savy vet around your area. I have to take my rabbits to Traverse City if they get sick, Would be nice to find a rabbit vet closer to home.

We do have two small animal vets here (Alpine Animal Hospital and Hall Vet Clinic), but I have never brought in rabbits before. I really like the Hall Vet Clinic though, we bring our dogs there. You could call and ask if they are rabbit savvy. lol

Hall Veterinary Clinic
Street: 314 North Center Avenue
Gaylord, mi 49735
Phone: (989) 731-6208

Alpine Animal Hospital
2202 M32 East
Gaylord, MI 49735
Phone Number: 989-732-6427

My rabbits don't go to the vet. I have between 20 and 30 at a time and its a big expense. They only go if they have something too serious for anyone to treat and have to be put down (only happened once so far in all my 6 years of raising rabbits...so I'm happy about that. lol) I go onto another forum that is for people who breed and show rabbits and I have a lot of friends that help me figure out what the best treatments are. Usually all I have to do is go up to the feedstore and buy some antibiotics or something. They have a lot of experience and help me out.

Cabrissi wrote:
I just had to stick my head in, say hi and have a sticky-beak... I live in Australia now but was born and raised in Michigan, in Brighton and lived in Fowlerville, Williamston and Charlotte while attending MSU before moving here. :)
Very cool! I live in Grand Blanc/Fenton but work in Hartland so not too far from Brighton. How long have you lived in Australia? I bet it's so much better than Michigan :)

wooly_queen wrote:
My rabbits don't go to the vet. I have between 20 and 30 at a time and its a big expense. They only go if they have something too serious for anyone to treat and have to be put down (only happened once so far in all my 6 years of raising rabbits...so I'm happy about that. lol) I go onto another forum that is for people who breed and show rabbits and I have a lot of friends that help me figure out what the best treatments are. Usually all I have to do is go up to the feedstore and buy some antibiotics or something. They have a lot of experience and help me out.
We are making an expection now... my $100 doe has two cloudy eyes and we are going to the vet to get what we need cuz it will take too long to get it ordered at the feed store... she is way worth getting checked out. Plus she has a litter of 6 that is a month old. XD This sucks! I hope they have what we need!

Wooly_queen, I think you are making the right decision. I have a lot of knowledge from doing rescue over the years and being an Admin here but there are a lot of things I cannot treat myself or with over the counter medications. It just about kills me, spending so much on vet bills for my 6 rabbits, but knowing I am giving them the best chance at a very long and healthy life is worth it.
Good luck at the vet and be sure to post in the infirmary so others can offer advice and hear what your vet has to say :)

Yeah, I love this doe and she is only 3 years old, so I know she has a lot of life left in her! I don't want her to have to go through it blind! So I am hoping they have the same stuff I need or something similar to get rid of it...hopefully it isn't to late to help her now. :( It came so quickly! It took me by huge surprise when I noticed it.

Latest posts

Back