Messy Bun Pics!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
How messy are your bunnies?

I was about to post to askhownormal one (or two) of my ridiculously messybuns were, then I thought, why not say it all in pictures?

The first two pics showroughly how I have the room (an enclosed back porch area) set up for Darry (the Lop) and Radar(the..uh... bunny).

The last time I set it up, it was roughly the same, although I had a pink kitty litter box where the cardboard box is, and I had newspaper under the bowls. A corner litter basket is tucked in to the left ofthe step stool, you can't see it in the shot.

100_2061.jpg

100_2060.jpg

100_2031.jpg

100_2037.jpg

This is what it looked like about 12 hours after I set it up the first time.

:tantrum::growl::angryrant:censored2:banghead:pssd:nono:rant:sweep:lookaround:?:):hearts

sas :sigh

*laughing*sorry sas i dont mean to laugh but itis sooo funny,cause my bunnies do the same lol,i can make their areanice and tidy and then the little buggers come along and trasheverything:shock:,i used to think "whoa you bunnies did this"now itsjust "arrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh you little creatures"lol,i must rememberto take a picture of their art work next time lol,hmmm..there prettygood for a bunny lol.

ohh the joys of being a bunny mum:)

*laughing as i leave*

cheryl

I have a suggestion. I got a big boxand lined the bottom with lots of newspaper, then hay on thetop. They love playing in there and most of the mess stays inthe box.

Yours I have to say are very messy, but I just bet you they are also VERY HAPPY too!

Tatum

You have to know how much fun they had tearingthat little room up while they were making theirmasterpiece.:jumpforjoy: I can imagine cleaning it and thencoming in 12 hours later and just wanting to scream!:laugh:But you gotta love'em!:inlove:

To be fair, I think the blame for this mess goesto Darry, the new lop, who blessed us with floor-to-ceiling shreddedpaper in the carrier she was kept in when she firstarrived.:disgust: Radar's always beenpretty tidy. But I think she's teaching him some very badhabits! :nono

sas

:shock2:LOLOL....omg....this is one of the funniest pictures I've seen in a long time (sorry Pipp).

I will never get mad at Ellie again when she tosses her hay around outside the box :laugh:

LOL!! Looks like a Tornado just flew in!! Rabbits love to shred and toss stuff.

I'm sure Bun-Bun would of done the same him self!! Hell, some times Igot to clean Bun-Bun's cage 3 times a week!! He's such a messyBun.:sweep

I have to empty Fred's litter dish at least oncea day if not twice. That bun eats so much food and hay anddrink so much water that it's usually completely saturated in themorning, and often in the evening. Zorro is older and a bittidier, if I didn't spot clean his litter when I do Freds, his litterdish would be good for at least two days.

*Can't wait until her bunnies stop growing so she can start limitingtheir pellet intake, and hope hope hopes that they'll stop pooping asmuch once they're grown*

Bun~Bun wrote:
LOL!! Looks like a Tornado just flew in!! Rabbitslove to shred and toss stuff.

I'm sure Bun-Bun would of done the same him self!! Hell, some times Igot to clean Bun-Bun's cage 3 times a week!! He's such a messyBun.:sweep

You have no idea how good you have it! I usually have toclean Mocha and Loki's cage twice a day. He digs and throwseverything, she has a disconnect between her brain and herbutt. Ever see a bunny that goes into the litterbox thenpoops as she jumps out?

I have a good pic of the cage an hour after they were put back in- I'll post it when I get home.:D

You know, Loki wasn't messy until Mocha moved in either.:ponder:

OMG!!!:shock: I definitelyneeded to see that picture!!! I USED to think mybuns were messy until I saw your picture. Trixie isnot very messy. She is also a little on the lazy side andwill lay around in her cage a lot. At times she will move herlitter box around. She will shred paper if I leave some inher cage.

Trouble on the other hand is a re-arranger. He moves hislitter box around, throws his toys all over even in thelitter box!!! Sometimes I find his food dish in theretoo. Sometimes he likes to put his food dish on its side whenhe is eating. I guess pellets off the floor taste better!!!!;)

When they are out of their cages, they like to do construction on theircard board house. Trouble likes to pull the heating duckgrate covers out of the floor of their room. In general he isa more active and curious bun and I think that is why he is messierthan Trixie. HOWEVER,their mess is nothing likeyour bunnies mess!!!

I think Dairy is just enjoying herself in her new home. Thatplace looks like much more fun that the little cage she was inbefore. Maybe she will become a little neater as time goeson. :) Thanks for sharing.Beckie

OMG!:shock:! I was going to mention how CLEAN itwas intill I saw the last 2 pictures!! GEEZ!! I always complain becauseof lukes pooping habit!! I will never complain again (well maybe forthe next week!!) Have fun with your new babies:D

Loki highly approves of Darry's mess. A clean bunny is no bunny at all in his book!

Here he is, flopped in his mess only an hour after I cleaned hiscage. It gets worse than this, but this is the only picture Ihave. And you can't see Mocha's mess because the floor isblack. Poop camoflauge!:D

rshpnm.jpg

Lol! I didn't know bunnies could getso messy! Friday is a good little girl who keeps her cagevery clean, except when she gets mad at something and throws her food& water bowls everywhere.

Bammoxx wrote:
Lol! I didn't know bunnies could get somessy! Friday is a good little girl who keeps her cage veryclean, except when she gets mad at something and throws her food& water bowls everywhere.
Your bunnies name is Friday... How cute is that!!:D

That is hillarious sorry.

Our bunny used to make a huge mess - she's got the run of the kitchen while we're not home.

I bought a cat litter tray that has a lid on top that kind of coversthe edges.It has been a god send, no longer is she able to dig anythingout no matter how hard she tries.We also stuff one end with her hay soshe can sit and eat while on the toilet.Also have attached her foodtray to the side of the cage resting on the litter tray lid so she hasto leave her mess there.

I bought her a cat tunnel instead of a cardboard box as it's a lot tidier - no more chewed cardboard to clean up every day.

Also i've given her a towel to sleep on.

Sass, those pictures are GREAT!! :laugh:

Here's my little pigpen.

3678.jpg

Hahahah great pictures.

:great:

And I was just about to find Lissa's Iszy because idistinctly remembered it,but she beat me to it.

My guys are like the odd couple. Pauly seriouslysmells good. Not just not stinky, but good. He's just a neat littlefella'. Mella is a little dirtball. she loves rolling around in hay anddigging for hay in the littlerbox, even though there's a hay rack rightin front of her.

It's funny how rabbit owners are so accustomed to seeing stray poops inthe house. It's no big deal to us, but i imagine other people thinkwe're crazy.

Latest posts

Back