Men and their rabbits!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dungeonbunnies

Reaction score
So, I was hanging out on my bed playing with my phone earlier (pretending I had friends ;) ) and my fiance, Mikel, was feeding the herd. He'd fed everybody else, and was putting the feeder back into high princess Niambi's cage, and suddenly I hear "Oh yes, Daddy loves you."

.....huh?

I look up, and he has our big english lop doe MELTED into a puddle, giving her nose rubs!!!

Nope, our rabbits are NOT spoiled rotten, or well loved. It was the sweetest thing I've seen all week. :biggrin:

Niambi LOVES Mikel. Whenever I have her out, and he's here, she's smothering him in kisses or snuggled up to him. He claims, Niambi's not his (I bought her) but I think she's made the decision for him. The Polish doe is also his, and he enjoys snuggling her too, he talks to her, tells her how cute she is, and how he loves her. I've caught him babytalking the rabbits before, it was just too sweet to see how Niambi melted for him.

I can't remember the link anymore, but there was a site that had a few short video clips of men and bunnies. One featured Clint Eastwood and his wife holding their pet rabbit and advocating for a rescue somewhere.

My hubby isn't obsessed like I am but he's very "cute" with Agnes. Talks to her in a voice that he never uses, hehe, must be his bunny voice...

Oh wouldn't the guys at his work just love to hear that :)

But to save some of his manliness since he isn't here to defend himself, he is no where NEAR bunny obsessed like me. He teases me frequently that I have a problem!

agnesthelion wrote:
My hubby isn't obsessed like I am but he's very "cute" with Agnes. Talks to her in a voice that he never uses, hehe, must be his bunny voice...

Oh wouldn't the guys at his work just love to hear that :)

But to save some of his manliness since he isn't here to defend himself, he is no where NEAR bunny obsessed like me. He teases me frequently that I have a problem!
Your hubby sound like mine! He teases me and rolls his eyes when I coo over how adorable the bunnies are.

The buns will be snuggled up and I'll make a comment and he's like "what? they're just sitting there." And I say, "I know... but look how cuuute they are!"

But then I'll catch him lay down on the floor near them and use his bunny voice too. :anotherbun

My hubby and cookie are best buddies! Ever since cookies enclosure was moved into my hubby's office and they spend every day all day together they have really bonded! Cookie gives the hubs way more kisses than me lol and he loves it! It's cute how I'll hear him talking to him throughout the day when he gets breaks in his work :)

I love the term "Bunny Voice" and oh yea, he lays that bunny voice on THICK with the girls and Bruiser! Harold and Henry not so much, they are manly men, and he prefers the tiny and cute, yes, I know Englishes and NZ/SF aren't tiny, but my girls are adorable! lol

He unashamedly uses the bunny voice in front of me, and I think it's adorable.

My sweetie doesn't have a bunny voice yet, but he does come sit in the kitchen when I'm in there hanging out with her and I've been showing him how to give her treats and pet her and praise her :) He's cute with her.

DON'T YOU JUDGE US! YOU DON'T KNOW US!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G524EmccLNw&feature=plcp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G524EmccLNw&feature=plcp[/ame]

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/G524EmccLNw&feature=plcp&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

I love how it's in that stereotypical "night-vision" setting! LOL

Do you use the "Bunny Voice" with BunBun and Booger?

dungeonbunnies wrote:
Do you use the "Bunny Voice" with BunBun and Booger?
You mean when I mutter under my breath with a profanity laced description of the lads, their behaviorand their ancestry?

When BunBun was first tamed down and came into the house after living for two months as a wild bunny, I did sing to him as one of the techniques to socialize him. It must have been horrible for him with those sensitive ears, but it seems to have worked.

dungeonbunnies wrote:
I love how it's in that stereotypical "night-vision" setting! LOL

Thank you, I do crack my-own-self up with some of his videos. Sometimes I wonder were I get this stuff from: "A rabbit for our times, BunBun is the sweet bunny center in an all male pleasure sandwich!"

As an emancipated rabbit,I thought that he needed to have his own private night vision bedroom video plastered all over the net to loudly state: I AM A PERSON TOO! DO I NOT BLEED? DO I NOT HAVE FEELINGS? AM I NOT WICKEDLY CUTE?FREE MY PEOPLE!

BunBun's motto is: Sure I'm a rabbit, but I'm just like you. Only CUTER.

Another videofor your viewing pleasure. I really like the look on his face when he sees the camera. BunBun does not like the camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh-EXiBpqCI&feature=plcp

[flash=425,344]https://www.youtube.comv/=kh-EXiBpqCI&feature=plcp&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

oh my bf always talks about how i spoil the bun and how shes living better than we are and all kinds of things but ill catch him when he thinks im not looking giving her a carrot and saying oh yeah youre a cutie arent you you love carrots. and he will lay down infront of her and let her "conquer" him. ive seen him give her kisses and tell her he loves her but its when im not looking. and he gets kinda upset when im around she wont give anyone else the time of day and will kick him off the couch but if im not home... shes in love with him all the way. and he will get jealous over it. haha its cute.

I use the word "mongrel" as a term of endearment.

I was trying to talk Bruiser into eating Mike the other day, the closest we got was nibbling the zipper of his jacket.... next time, Mikel.... next time..... >_>

Oh, and maybe he thought being friendly would get you to stop singing? I don't know, but if you think it's horrible, maybe there's a method to his madness!

My husband still hasn't met the bunnies (he's been deployed since I got them). I hope he likes them....

He probably will...
My dad and Minion got along really well when they first met. I don't think I've met a man yet who can't appreciate bunnies.

JessicaK wrote:
My husband still hasn't met the bunnies (he's been deployed since I got them). I hope he likes them....

I got Big Bunny while my husband was overseas too. He fell instantly in love with him when he got home. He doesn't talk to them in a "bunny voice," but he hums to Pip when he holds him (and Pip won't even let me hold him! How rude..)

He came out of the bunny room the other day and exclaimed, "there is hardly anything better than getting double bunny kisses!" He apparently had gotten licks both buns simultaneously. It is quite a good feeling I will admit :D

My boyfriend loves Teddy, even though he jokes about how stupid rabbits are ("Those herbivores, they don't have to outsmart their food. It's not hard to outsmart a bunch of grass.") and how I'm a fanatic. But look at this:

17408_240013_010000000.jpg

He does love her. :biggrin: Also, yeah, he cut his hair. Buzzed it. He was growing it out for Locks of Love and it finally got long enough. :)

Latest posts

Back