Maspenock Rabbit Rescue

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amy, I hadn't realized you did rabbit rescue. I remember you mentioning something about birds- do you run a bird rescue too?

She does look like a sweetie. How could anyone give her up?

I do birds has a side, but rabbits are my main focus :D

Her owners gave her up because they were"Unexpectedly expecting" and the rabbits room was going to be thebabies...

I don't usually talk behind peoples back,but that reason REALLY made me mad! How irresponsible, why couldn't therabbit have gone into a different room....:?

She is sucha sweetie, but I having a hardtime finding her a home because she is a little older (4 yrs) everytime they ask how old she is I never hear back from them:disgust:

~Amy

Thats too bad...I've found Oreo (I adopted herat 2) is a wonderful bunny!!! Much calmer and better littertrained...maybe you should point those things out! Is she spayed? Oreohad been for awhile so I think that helped with her calm and litterhabits!

Check out these articles. This one says to dolab work on the bun before surgery if they're over two. It also saysbuns over six have complications from anesthesia.
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=18&cat=1803&articleid=2147

This one also says to do blood work if the rabbit's over 2 years.
http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/spay-neuter.html

I know the shelters around here spay 4 and 5 year old rabbits. Ihaven't seen a rabbit over 5 in the shelters here. Sounds a littlefishy to me. Maybe they put down any that are too old to spay?:(

naturestee wrote:
Maybe they put down any that are too old to spay?:(
That would be HORRIBLE! Never never neverwould I do that! Thats sick, kill a bunny because of age!:disgust:

The bunnies go out with a spay/neutercontract (notarized and everything), and she has only been here a week,if she stays any longer I will be getting her spayed :)

~Amy

ayglnu13 wrote:
cirrustwi wrote:
Kaytee Fiesta.
That is EXACTLY what they were feeding her! Plus 7 different Katee treats :disgust:

I am going to be switching her food soon,but I don't want to stress her out on her first day here. I'll give hera day or two and then gradually switch the food. I am also going to cutout all treats and such :?just so much food lyingaround!

~Amy
I have a confession. I have a MILLION bags of treats for thebuns. Before I got them while I was buying all of theiraccessories, I got LOTS of treats! I feed them one like oncea week. But if I knew then what I know now, I could havesaved $30 (or more). I will proudly admit that I have neverfeed them Fiesta Mix. :p

Kricket wrote:

I have a confession. I have a MILLION bags of treats for thebuns. Before I got them while I was buying all of theiraccessories, I got LOTS of treats! I feed them one like oncea week. But if I knew then what I know now, I could havesaved $30 (or more). I will proudly admit that I have neverfeed them Fiesta Mix. :p

Oh I have TONS of bags of treats lyingaround, they are mostly donated though :) I only use treats as positivereinforcement, that way when they do something good they get somethingtasty (usually one or two small bits of treat a day). If the treats arebig I cut them in half :)

I really don't even know why pet storessell Kaytee, almost everything made by Kaytee is unhealthy! Seriouslyright now I cant even think of one product that Kaytee makes that ishealthy! Even their bird treats are unhealthy....

~Amy

ayglnu13 wrote:
Kricket wrote:

Oh I have TONS of bags of treats lyingaround, they are mostly donated though :) I only use treats as positivereinforcement, that way when they do something good they get somethingtasty (usually one or two small bits of treat a day). If the treats arebig I cut them in half :)

I really don't even know why pet storessell Kaytee, almost everything made by Kaytee is unhealthy! Seriouslyright now I cant even think of one product that Kaytee makes that ishealthy! Even their bird treats are unhealthy....

~Amy
I have tons of treats too, but they never get them. Ihonestly need to clean out the "treat bin" because it's overloaded. My boss sends any treats that get opened at work homewith me.

I actually like Kaytee hay. It's good, as long as you don'tneed a ton. I order it in though, so I know it's just come inand not sat there for a while. I also have fed Kaytee TimothyComplete food. It's the only timothy pellet food that meetsthe rabbit requirements (except Oxbow).

Jen

cirrustwi wrote:

It's the only timothy pellet food that meets the rabbit requirements (except Oxbow).

Jen
REALLY?

They must not have that here because I have never seen it, mmmm.

When ever I think of Kaytee I can alwayshear the vet in the back of my head screaming at me for feeding it tomy birds (this was like 6 years ago though), lemme tell you I havenever switchs food so fast, she was sucha scaryvet!

~Amy

Cita is gettingadopted onSunday!

P6220101.jpg

P6220112.jpg

P6220115.jpg

P6220117.jpg

She has finally found a forever home! :D

~Amy

ayglnu13 wrote:
cirrustwi wrote:

It's the only timothy pellet food that meets the rabbit requirements (except Oxbow).

Jen
REALLY?

They must not have that here because I have never seen it, mmmm.

When ever I think of Kaytee I can alwayshear the vet in the back of my head screaming at me for feeding it tomy birds (this was like 6 years ago though), lemme tell you I havenever switchs food so fast, she was sucha scaryvet!

~Amy
Yeah, it's actually really good. I mix it with my Blue SealShow Hutch Deluxe. They love it. I think it'spretty new.

I'm so glad Cita found a home.

Jen

Amy, I am so glad you were able to findher a good home. She is an absolute doll. I am so glad she had you totake her in. I admire all you do.

Way to go!
:highfive:

Tina

Amy , you canget Kaytee complete at walmartand at agway , I getmine at Agway I mix it inwith the Purina Show and thesenut cases will actually pickaeound hte show formular to getto the Timothy pellets lol Eventhe goofy Guinia pigs like it .

Latest posts

Back