Maspenock Rabbit Rescue

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ayglnu13

Reaction score
Hello! I figuredsince other people had a thread for their Rabbit Rescue I figured Icould! :sunshine:

I only have one bunny up for adoptionright now, as the others already have been adopted :)

This is Cita....

P5210630.jpg

I am guessing she isa French Lopor an overweight Mini :shock:They told me she was a "dwarflop" :shock2:I DONT THINK SO! She has got to weigh at least 6lbs...probably 7!

She is very sweet but is a little nervous,as most people/animals would be when they have come to a newplace.

P5210637.jpg

This picture shows her real color (below)

P5210626.jpg

If any one lives in MA and is interestedin adopting a really sweet "little" bunny PM me :)

~Amy

She's actually an ok weight for a mini if she's6 or 7 lbs. (Unless she seems obese.) My mini isabout 7.5 lbs, I too was thinking he had some French Lop in him, butapparently they are considered mini if they are under 11 lbs, or rightaround there. (Ihonestly can'trememberexactly where I got that number, but whenIposted wondering if Sage had French in him,Pamsaid that at 7.5 lbs he was definitely a mini and he needs to gainsomeweight. LOL)

She's a beautiful girl!! I just looked at her again, you'reright, she could use to lose some weight.LOL

Jen

You should haveseen what they brought with her! Atleast 6 bags of opened treats andanother 5 bags of unopened treats! :shock:Her food isnt veryhealthy either, it has lots of colorful things in it, I dont even knowwhat they are.

My friend has a mini lop and it isnt thatbig, maybe 1 or 2 lbs heavier then a Holland...and this rabbit is BIG!If she is a mini she is the biggest one I have ever seen!:shock:

I felt really bad though, the guy whobrought her was almost crying when he left :(Poorguy.

~Amy

Oh, poor girl! She just needs a better diet.

I can't imagine how hard it would be to surrender any of mybuns. I do feel for that man. Unfortunately so manypeople don't know what to feed their rabbits and often pet storesaren't any help. I over heard someone asking a saleswoman atPetsMart what to feed the baby Netherland Dwarfs she was getting andthe saleswoman recommended Kaytee Fiesta. I just had to setthe woman straight and make sure she got a better food. Shebasically ended up putting back everything the saleswoman told her toget and getting what I said. LOL

Jen

cirrustwi wrote:
Kaytee Fiesta.
That is EXACTLY what they were feeding her! Plus 7 different Katee treats :disgust:

I am going to be switching her food soon,but I don't want to stress her out on her first day here. I'll give hera day or two and then gradually switch the food. I am also going to cutout all treats and such :?just so much food lyingaround!

~Amy

ayglnu13 wrote:
cirrustwi wrote:
Kaytee Fiesta.

This is what Bell was being fed when I got her. Then I changed her foodand she almost starved refusing to eat what I was giving her (though Iconfese that it was not the best for her anyways it was Domor). Finallyshe got what she want and went right to eating. How should I switch herover to the other stuff. She will not eat it and refuses to do anythingbut throw it out of her food bowl!

Try gradually switching her over, slowly puttingmore and more of what you want her to eat in there.....Corky had pelletparties with a kind he didn't like too! He'd throw it ALL over theroom! Ya gotta love it!

oh man what a pretty girl~~ i hope she is able to find a wonderful family soon!

Your rabbit is very beautifull! Tell us when youfind a good home for her. She looks like a castor broken coloring. Isthat right? That is what my rabbit is but she is not a lop.

She HAS to be a French...she is HUGE! Myestimate of 6 lbs was wrong...I am going for atleast 8 to 10 lbs. Sheis atleast 3 times the size of my Hollands :shock:

She is SUCHA sweetie, she has already come over to me and let me pet her head :)

~Amy

My scale that I gotonly goes up to 6 lbs and when I tried to weigh her it was like*ERRRROR* So I am going to have to find someone who has a larger scale.

Ha cant you see my sneaking her into likethe supermarket or something and sticking her on one of their bighanging scales! HA that would be sofunny

~Amy

I have the same problem with scales!! One day Iwill be like 190 lbs. and the next day be around 80 lbs. I know what myreal wight is because of the doctors but I don't trust itwith my bunnies!

Latest posts

Back