Martin's Bunny Food

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Jesse

Reaction score
I have been feeding my senior rabbits a half cup per day of Martin's Timothy pellets. When I went to buy the pellets I saw that Martin's had changed the bag and added very small amounts of dandelion and chamomile extracts to the formula.
This concerned me as rabbits have sensitive stomachs and changing to a "new ad improved" might not be the right thing to use. I wrote to Martin's and they claim that except for the two additives it is the same recipe. I am still leery and although I found the last bag on the shelf of the old pellet mix my next bag will be the new. Any comments on this would be appreciated.

If you are concerned about the transition, then do it gradually. Use the old pellets and mix them with the new over a couple weeks. Every few days increase the ratio of new to old.

So you may start out with 1 part new to 3 parts old. Then, after several days, mix equal parts of each. Finally do 3 parts new to 1 part old. By then, bunny should be ready for just the new.

Latest posts

Back