Marbles & Mocha

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tailof2rabbits wrote:
happy 1st birthday (gotcha day, actually), baby boy marbles. :kiss1:
you make me so happy, it's overwhelming. sometimes i think my heart is going to burst.
Awww, that is so sweet :tears2:

:party0002::party0002:Happy 'Gotcha' Day, Marbles. Hope your mom gives you lots of treats!

Jan

we moved! like over a month ago.:Dstill not done unpacking. bunnies are loving the new place. they get tosee the sun now. hee hee. our old place was dark and not quite as bunnyfriendly.

pictures!

marbles cleaning the bedroom floor:
emailmarblescleaning.jpg

emailmarbleshuh.jpg

on my budgeting skills, he says, "huh?"

and my sweet princess...

emailmochalookingoutwindow.jpg

here comes the sun...

emailmocha.jpg

i don't think she likes it too much though.

emailmochasigh.jpg

sigh.

Oh...my...goodness.......they're so cute!!!

Wow...and those eyes....just beautiful...

I love how Marbles looks like he's half my Maisie, half dutch...what a handsome boy!! :D

Wonderful! Glad to know they love the new place!And Marbles helping out...what a good boy! Hehe...

:inlove:

:hug:Was wondering where you had disappeared to. Nice to see you and your beautiful babies back again :)

Looks like they are settling in nicely to your new place and are makingthemselves at home :D. Could Mocha look any more relaxed ....?

Jan

thanks, everyone!! :D i've missed looking at allthe bunny pictures here on RO. i tend to read them all in one go aftera hiatus so i'm bracing myself now for cute overload. i read yourreplies to the bunnies and they seem pretty pleased with themselves.:bunnydance:

mocha is a regular ham but i think she was sick when i took thosepictures though. i can't be sure. whenever she's sick, she goes to theside of our bed and tiptoes to try to get a look at what's on it and/orshe nudges me and pointedly looks at the top of the bed. of course,mommy always lets her. she gets better faster that way, it's strange.she likes being wrapped in our clothes. if it's not wrapped around her,she'll dig and burrow in it herself, and she'll stay there untilthere's food in her cage or she feels better. i can't count the numberof ratty old blankets / shirts we've had to cut up into rags and/orthrow out since she decided she'll only "get better" on them. hello,gigantic mashed poopatoes.

marbles has re-litterbox-trained himself, even all his poop he storesneatly in his box (except for the few ones that escape him when he getsall excited). i think he's past his teenage angst phase wherein it washim against the world and everything had to be his. such a sweetheart,really. sometimes when i pet him, he'll move his head in such a waythat he winds up grooming me. and he's taken to chasing histail. well, it's a game we play. i tickle the side of his butt and hetries to reach my hand but i circle it with him so he keeps goingaround in circles. after three of four rounds, he'll binkie away.

kawaii608: oh, they dislike (well, distrust is more like it) humans asa general rule. :stikpoke i think they think my husband and i are partbunny.

jan: oh, she can. i used to freak out everytime she flopped before. hereyes roll back, she shivers, and stretches her hind legs andkeep them locked that way. but then she chews and sinks contentedly andthe world is shiny again. :hug1

i was catching up on bunny blogs when mocha justwalked (yes, walked) up to me, nudged me, and snuggled up against myfoot. :hug1 and now she just stretched her legs. yup, it's a wonderfulworld.

Isn't it great that the smallest things bunniesdo can give their humans such pleasure :D. Clever Marbes , littertraining himself again. And Mocha certainly knows how to have youwrapped around her little paw ;)

Jan

PS - Hiya, Lia :wave:

she does have me wrapped around her little paw,and she very well knows it. i destroyed her old water bottle (don'task) so i replaced it with a bigger one. she's having difficultydrinking from it though. i think the ball's too heavy for her. so nowshe grabs my attention and points to the bottle with her nose, givingme the eye the entire time till i squeeze her bottle for her. she onlyattempts to drink when i'm holding the bottle and squeezing it inintervals to help her. i'm waiting for her to adjust to it so she won'trun out of water while i'm sleeping, but at the same time it's awfulfor me - i know i'm making it so hard for her.

she's about a year and four months now but she's still so delicate. shecrosses her legs (seriously). whether she's asleep or sitting andwatching, her legs are always together or crossed. she never grooms,she just waits to be groomed. that's a spoiled little princess rightthere. i want to keep spoiling her but part of me also wants to teachher how to be tough. (not that she can't fight for herself. she can nipmarbles hard enough for him to jump a foot clear off the floor. also,she's a trooper - when she gets her tummyaches, she's very brave andstrong.) but if something happens to me and the hubby, i can onlyimagine how horrible it would be for them, especially her with her giproblems, living with regular people who care little for rabbits.

Hey, we missed you and your beautiful bunnies!

I have a dutch pair as well, but theyre both boys. Im in love with yourpair. Are they still bonded-I was confused because I remember they werebonded, but not neutered?

binkies: :thanks: she really is! (i tend to saymarbles is intelligent, mocha is clever.) she knows how to get her wayevery single time. marbles sulks when he doesn't get his way. mochawill find other means to get what she wants if the first try doesn'twork, and it usually involves cute-ing me into submission.

haley: :wave:

I have a dutch pair as well, but theyre both boys. Im in lovewith your pair. Are they still bonded-I was confused because I rememberthey were bonded, but not neutered?
they are bonded, if by bonded you mean completely head over heels inlove with each other. :hug2: i'm being mean mum because i'm too scaredto trust any vet here to neuter marbles and/or spay mocha. mochaespecially because she's not all that healthy. (this is dog and catcountry. some vets have never even treated a rabbit beyond a year old.)they were inseparable until marbles started humping my sweet littlegirl's head. :sigh since then, they've had to take turns runningaround. breaks my heart but i don't have a choice. i'm just not goingto lose either of them that way - won't be able to deal. they visiteach other though and kiss frequently through the bars.

more mocha-on-my-pillows pictures:
mocha2.jpg

mocha1.jpg

marbles won't be seeing my bed for a long time. the little meanie peedon it... just when i thought he was litter trained again. mocha is veryrespectful of mommy's territory, and loves it so much that she neverleaves. after an hour, she'll bolt and run back into her cage to pee.then she'll hang out by the side of the bed until i put her back on.

don't remember if i posted the next pic. took it at our old condo. dusty, yes. bad, bad mum. presenting the dust bunny:

marbles1.jpg

Ahh, I see. A lot of areas just arent up to date with proper rabbit care. It must be frustrating for you to not have a vet you can trust in your area. Where are you from, btw?

I am so in love with Marbles and Mocha. They are such snuggle bunnies.They are seriously the most relaxed bunnies I have ever seen. My boy Basil lays in my bed, but never gets as comfortable as Mocha.

Latest posts

Back