major rumble in the garage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DUSTBUNNY-CLYDE

Reaction score
So we were upstairs watching a movie and the dog starts barking. We run downstairs, dustbunny some how gets over the "berlin wall" the x-pen fence and is in clydes cage ripping out all his fur!!! Ugg! we started bonding them again last week and everything was going great!! I do not understand these boys!! they snuggle and have to lay near each other in their cages and against the fence! I thought the neuters would help this aggression!! It's a love-hate relationship with these two!! no injuries though! thank god!!! my heart is breaking!!! :pullhair:

Awww no! don't be disheartened, my boys were like this for quite a while, now they are best buds. Just fix the fence up better so that they can't get out and rip each other to shreds and keep trying. If they are laying next to each other when they are separate then that is a really good sign, they might just not be over their 'i'm the boss' stage yet. My boys are still trying to figure that out, Gidget still sprays Rocky all the time to try and show him who's boss. They are both neutered also I was hoping the snip would stop Gidget peeing everywhere.

How long have they been neutered for? It takes about 6 weeks or so for their hormones to settle. I waiting 3 weeks before introducing them together in the backyard again and then I still only had them together for small amounts of time. I would separate them again before Rocky stared to get annoyed and the time I could leave them together for slowly increased. Just be patient and keep trying at it, they will be fine eventually :)

they are 7 mos. now. half-brothers. they've been neutered for about 10 weeks. they were best friends till they were 12 weeks old. they are always laying against their cage and fence cuddling. hopefully some day. I would love to take them outside together in they're x-pen to get some fresh air. maybe I'll just buy another one .

Latest posts

Back