Made an accident on the towel! oops!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tohkie

Reaction score
So I took my rabbit into my bathtub (there was a tornado warning) and lined the bathtub with a towel and I sat in it with her... we were ok for like 15 minutes then she kinda did a few bunny flops (she was relaxed and not scared), then peed on the towel...

Do episodes like this (accidents outside the x-pen and litterbox) make her forget her litter box habits? She literally JUST mastered how to pee inside the litter box and I don't want her to forget it :(

Also, f I take her out, and I leave a litterbox nearby, will she still use it?

She probably peed on the towel cause she had to go pee and there wasn't a litter box handy, but that doesn't mean that she'll forget how to use one.

Sometimes having an extra litter box out with your rabbit when it is out playing, helps it not to have accidents, but if she is being good about going back in to use her litter box, then you may not need to do this, but it is an option if needed.

Did you have a litter box in the tub with you? I have found that rabbits are very polite and will not "go" on you or near you unless they have to "go" REALLY bad.

I don't think an incident like that will mess up her litter training.

However, in the future, if there is a tornado warning and you want to go into the bathroom for safety, it would be much better to have her in a carrier. If the worst should happen to your house, you will want her safe in a carrier and not where she can run away in fear and into danger.

Or, she's marking as she's a young bunny probably just hitting her "teenage" stage.

Back