Luella's Bunnikin Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dogs are about 15 and 35 pounds. The big one isn't interested at all in the bunnikins- I let him out in the backyard while they're in their xpen and he just lays down and ignores them. The smaller one, a boston terrier, wants to lick them the couple of times I've let him sniff them (in hopes that he will calm down about them if he can get a good smell of them). I do have them in the office now, in a large cage on top of a table. The dogs' food bowls are in the office as well as their kennel and the doggie door for them to go to the backyard so it's really not feasible to lock them out of the office for any significant amount of time. And I really don't have anywhere else I could put them!

New pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

324d628e.jpg

She's hiding in the grass! LOL!

bba0c70d.jpg

417d132f.jpg

bb9aaf29.jpg

He's very worn out after spending a couple hours in the backyard!

I have to say I'm just now seeing this blog for the first time - such cute bunnies. I love the picture of the bunnies in the boots- that is SUCH a Texas thing - now I have to buy some boots to do that with my babies.....

I'm so glad the neutering went ok....baby bunnies are fun - but not if they're unexpected!

Thanks Peg. You definitely have to do the boots! Only Texans understand it, LOL!

And I haven't been that relieved in a long time! Both of them are doing so well! We've been joking that if they had babies they would have had 3 ears since Speedy & Sweetie are brother and sister. And I would LOVE to have babies but my husband would kill me! LOL!

Are you still taking them out in this weather - or keeping them inside?

I was shocked the other day - I was outside and thinking, "Man...its almost cool.." - and then I looked at the bank as I drove by and it said it was 90 degrees out (and it was overcast).

I'd love to take mine out in the early mornings or early evenings but I'm a bit nervous about it...

I take them out at dusk and put them in the shade. They aren't nearly as active as they were in May, but they still seem to enjoy it. When they flop out I bring them inside. LOL

101_0621.jpg

101_0623.jpg

Owen (the dog) has finally decided he will be calm when he's near the bunnies so he has earned the privilege of being in the same room with them. The bunnies have decided that he's worthy of a sniff.

101_0611.jpg

101_0612.jpg

101_0607.jpg

If your bunnies don't have a tunnel of fun, they need one!!!

101_0595.jpg

They also have a "fun house" as my son calls it!

Just thought I would post the link to the condo that I always build for my kids. (just click on the blue words) I have built three of them already, and have started on the fourth for my Callie. You are able to adjust the shelf height to what ever you think your bunnies are capable of hopping up/down to. I had to do that with Zappa'scondo because she wasn't clearing the 'normal' shelfheight well enough. I have also put scraps of carpet in so the floor isn't so slippery, especially on the shelves. I am amazed at how much time they spend on the very top shelf just checking out thier surrounding. Don't forget, rabbits like to go 'up' as well as just hop around on the floor. ;)

If you need any advice on building one, let me know...

btw... I used the bottom floor-plan on this condo to build condos for my piggies. I also put in a shelf with a ramp so that they could enjoy a little party-deck. ;)

Hi Luella! I followed to your blog from your post about the DIY harness you made. I'm a crafty, sewing kinda gal myself and I would looooove to know how you went about making the harness you made! My bun is pretty small right now but is still growing.. (He's a lionhead). I have been thinking about making him one for awhile but just can't figure out exactly how.. and don't wanna waste my money on the unattactive ones they sell at the petstores. ;). I just looked through all your pics and I have to say, your bunnies are adorable! Love the boot picture as well as their tunnel-o-fun! Gotta get one of those! :D

Oh my goodness, the tutu picture is the cutest thing ever!! We just got a rabbit yesterday and on the way to meet Hopscotch my 11 year old asked if we could buy her a bunny dress. At this I laughed and told her I didn't think there were bunny dresses..... but now I know!! :biggrin: Oh I see a tutu in our future!

Back