Luella's Bunnikin Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuellaJean

Reaction score
Hello y'all, I'm Luella. I live in Texas with my husband Ryan, our son Rey, our 2 dogs Luke and Owen, and my bunnies Speedy and Sweetie. My husband is a police officer and he works third shift, so me and the bunnikins hang out a lot together in the evenings. I work full time in the dental field, and I'm working on going to dental hygiene school.

This is my favorite picture of me and Speedy, LOL

IMG_0546.jpg

He's very tolerant of me and my insanity.

Here's one of me and the boys when they were smaller. Man they got big fast!

196080_10150177696085871_545430870_9140964_325837_n.jpg

And I know this is ridiculous, but I wanted pics of them in my cowboy boots... it's a Texas thing!

IMG_0633.jpg

They actually liked it in there! LOL!
IMG_0639.jpg

So yesterday I made an enclosure for the boys in the living room because it is already ungodly hot in Texas. I used their ex pen and the furniture and my weak spot was between the couches, so I just stuffed a towel into the cushions on the couches and let 'em loose. They were having a fun time, binkying like crazy and chasing each other when the back door blew open and in came the dogs :shock: Owen (Boston terrier) is all too interested in the buns and he jumped over the towel and ran to me. The bunnies went berserk! They ran for cover in their play tunnel I had out and I yelled at Owen and back over the towel and out the door he went. My other dog, Luke, doesn't care much about the bunnies and didn't even try to come close to them. So after Owen left I went to comfort the buns and Speedy was fine, he came out and thumped at me but Sweetie was still in panic mode so he ran and jumped over the towel :ph34r2 and straight under the couch. Ugh. So I sent my son under the couch for him, poor bun! So! Lesson learned: make sure the dogs are LOCKED outside and make the castle walls taller. I could not believe that little 2 pound Sweetie could jump the towel. I think all 3 of us had a heart attack! :panic:

I will copy and paste it. :) I'm lining them up for the next few weeks over the summer. That way they are ready to post!

Thank you so much!!!

Such cute bunnies!!! I love the pic of them in your boots. :pCan't wait to see more pics and read more about them.

I'm surprised you would get any sleep with your husband being a police officer and working third shift. I think I would be a wreck after one week of worrying about him all night if I were you. He must have been doing this shift for a while, huh?

Good for you going to school soon! How did you pick becoming adental hygienist?

Thanks Janet! I'm slightly obsessed with them!

And Ryan has been working third shift for 5-6 years now, and I've just learned to sleep alone- it's actually harder for me to sleep with him IN bed because he's more often not in bed and I'm used to having the extra room! LOL! And I just have to have faith that when it's your time to go, it's your time to go and so I try to focus on that and not worry about him.

I've worked in dentistry (specifically oral surgery) for over 7 years now, and my mom has worked in dentistry since 1975, so it's kind of a family thing I guess. And being an assistant, which is what I am now, doesn't pay all that great! Being a dental hygienist however, can pay $35/hour + so since I like dentistry and taking care of people I figured I'd go that way- plus most hygienists work part time so that will help me have more time to be a bunny mommy and a mommy to my son.

Gave the boys kale, cilantro and parsley tonight- they liked it all! Don't worry, I didn't give them much since all three veggies are new to them. I've been giving them grapes but I figured I'd better get them on some veggies so they don't end up chubby bunnies! Oh, and they love raisins! They only get one or two a day, though.

I improved upon the boys' cage today! The company that makes their cage (Superpets) sells lots of other cages so I found some "replacement parts" for a different cage with the same dimensions so voila! Now they have a two story cage! And they are loving it!

9461cba2.jpg

6953a060.jpg

2ad72e95.jpg

It's strange that I didn't get any notifications that you posted, other wise I would have asked about how much your boys like the extra shelves to sit on.

Good thing you are starting veggies out slowly. It's always good to find out how their tummies will handle it before its too late and their tummies are upset. ;)

Isn't it nice to watch tv with bunnies? My foster-boy, Oliver, was being a poo tonight and wouldn't sit with me, so I had to make-do with a kitty.... :p

They are loving their shelves, they're hopping up and down and all around. And they are loving the veggies! The whole bowl is gone within about 20 minutes- I'm wondering if I should give them veggies twice a day? And my buns weren't sitting with me, they were binkying all over the living room while I was watching. They're too busy to sit still these days! LOL!

That is so cute!! Reminds me of the time that I had my trio outside to play, and a bird made a strange sound. All three bunners perked their ears up... Made the cutest pic which easily became one of my favorites. :p

Do you take your bunnies out very often? I don't take my kids out much anymore because of the fleas. :(

Latest posts

Back