Luella's Bunnikin Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take them out in the evenings when it's not 100 degrees outside. They love to dig in my backyard (which my husband hates teehee) and binky and eat the grass, etc. We had fleas a couple of summers ago so OMG that would be horrible!!!!!!!

Hubby brought home a couple little bamboo branches for the buns and they're having a blast destroying them!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuYof0Ug5R8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

I scheduled the boys to be neutered... They will be dropped off by my hubby on Thursday afternoon and I will pick them up on Saturday. I've researched vets in my area and this doctor is the only one in his practice that operates on bunnies, and has been a vet for over 25 years and so has a lot of experience. I have 2 coworkers that go to this practice (for their dogs) and they have nothing but positive things to say about them, and the woman on the phone was very helpful. I'm so worried :nerves1 about the little guys going under anesthesia but they're really squabbling lately so I've got to get the hormones under control! And I haven't had 48 hours bunny-free since I got them in March so I'm going to be very lonely while my husband is at work Thursday and Friday night without my little loves to play with and hold. Send me some prayers and positive thoughts! :hug:

P.S. Does anyone know if they make bunnies wear "the cone of shame" after neutering?

Sweet resting buns! I love the "bunny flop"!!!!

08934a6f.jpg

b5e16f64.jpg

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!

My husband took the bunnies to the vet to drop them off in preparation for their neuter surgeries that were scheduled for tomorrow morning. The vet called me at work about an hour after he dropped them off to tell me that they had extra time so they decided to go ahead and do the surgery this afternoon instead of tomorrow, which is a big yay because I can pick them up tomorrow instead of Saturday! She also said they had already done Speedy's surgery and that he was already waking up from anesthesia and doing fine. They had already put Sweetie under anesthesia when they realized that he was in fact a SHE!!!!! :shock: OMG!!!!! She needed me to consent for the extra $18 for a spay since my husband had signed consents for 2 neuters. Thank God I took them when I did because there has been a recent history of humping and chasing and I really would love to have baby bunnies but I do not have the facilities or any experience in that and my husband would not be pleased! Plus! Incest! Ewwww! So anyway, I now have bunny brother and sister instead of brothers. What's funny is that the lady I got them from was a breeder so you would think she, of all people, would know how to sex bunnies!

Wow!!! Good for you making the appointments when you did!!! I hope you get some pain meds for when they come home, especially for your new little girl... ;)

I LOVE the floppy-bunny pics!! Just so cute!!! You are so lucky that they sit still long enough for you to get such nice pics of them. :)

I'm so glad I didn't wait any longer for their surgeries. I will definately get pain meds- we'll see if I can get them to take it.

Thanks on the pics! Those were taken at dusk on my iphone so they're kinda grainy but you can still see 'em pretty good.

Okay, so since Sweetie has revealed HER true identity, and since I have no daughters or other female pets I decided I'd make a tutu for her to wear with her harness. A few dollars spent at the craft store, some hand sewing and a bit of hot glue later......

101_0547.jpg

101_0548.jpg

OMG!! if that isn't the sweetest thing I have ever seen!!!

Oh, I bet you already entered the sport-photo contest... You could have entered her new tutu-photo as a ballet dancer. ;) :biggrin:

Okay, I went a little teensy bit insane with the tutu idea.... and I made a few more for her! Here's a slideshow of her trying them all on. She acts like they're not even there! Yay!

Great blog! Your bunny's are really cute. I have had rabbits for years and the gender fairy has it many of us at one time or another. A couple of years ago I had sexed one of my flemish giants and decided on the name Honey Bun. One day I picked her up to check nails and there were things that shouldn't be there on a girl. His name now is HB.

Your buns probably would like a cage made out of the NIC panels, you can come up with a lot of variations.

I would love to do a cage out of NIC panels, but I have 2 dogs, one of which is terribly obsessed with the bunnies. I'm afraid he would terrorize them if they were on the floor in a NIC pen. What are your thoughts on that?

Luella, how big are your dogs? Can they jump over 2 grids high, i'm thinking make them a nice big cage then make like a fence to go around it. I kinda have that in my bunny room. Winston & Vega in one cage Daisy Mae in another.

When I first go Winston & Vega, the two girls hated each other. I had to put Winston & Vega in my bedroom or they would have killed each other if they got out and poor Winston was getting picked on by Vega. Once I moved they had share a room. Now I have it separated with baby gates & a panel like board. It's hard to explain. I'll take a picture when I get home so you can see their set up. They have big cages that I don't worry because I am gone from 7am to about 6pm.

Susan:)

Latest posts

Back