Lucky - one small poop, no pee overnight; RESOLVED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZminilops

Reaction score
Lucky is living in the bathroom by herself due to not getting along with BunBun any longer. She wont use a litter tray, but happily pees and poops on sheets of paper (I have no idea why).

So this morning when I get up to go in and see her, she's hunched on her paper in the corner glaring at me, and she hasn't touched her food from last night and only done one tiny little poo.

I've done the usual for possible gas or gut blockage, just wanted somewhere to post in case she gets better or worse.

I took some pictures, this is how she is sitting in the corner:

DSC01984Small.jpg

Her food pretty much untouched from last night, and the little poo:

DSC01985Small.jpg

The little poo on my hand - one third the size of her normal poo:

DSC01986Small.jpg

I have my fingers crossed that it's just a bit of gas :), but the no pee worries me. She usually pees about 3/4 times overnight :?.

Oh dear, she doesn't look like a happy bun. After all you've been through. Has she been drinking? It does look like she is hunched up and maybe in a bit of pain. I'm sorry I don't have any tips for you, I hope someone will be along to help you soon.

In the meantime, I'm sending good vibes your way :)

Thank you so much :D, words of encouragment are very helpfull.

I'm going to syringe her some water and see how that goes, if I lose any fingers you'll know from my typing getting worse.

She's usually a 'hunchy' bun anyway so it's hard to tell with her. She's very hand shy and will often scoot off and look like that when touched, plus it's a cold morning. I wish she could talk :?, and let me know what's wrong.

Her tummy feels normal, and sounds normal. It looks like she ate some of her hay from last night, she at least attempted to as it's been messed with. I think she might be a bit dehydrated?

Paws crossed that I can help her!

Oh bless her :) If you can do this without losing your hands - pull her skin gently at the top of her neck and if the skin doesn't 'snap' back onto her and it's kind of slow at receding back then that can be a sign of dehydration.

Does she normally drink from a bottle or bowl? If she has a bottle then check it to make sure it's working OK as some have been known to malfunction.

Thank you for that tip, I didn't think of that :D.

She has always drunk from a bowl, so I'll tip that water out then fill it to a certain point so I can see if she's drinking or not.

I syringed some water to her, she didn't seem to mind too much, I didn't even get bitten once, woohoo!

I gave her a few oats and she ate them willingly, I don't want her to have too many though so I'm not sure if I should try that again.

If she has hay - you can mist it with some apple juice or mint tea or something...sometimes the extra flavor helps them want to eat the hay (or so I've been told).

Peg

Cool, thanks Peg, I have heaps of apples so will juice one.

It was hard to see if the neck pinch test worked, she's still got most of her winter coat on (it's just turned spring here) and it's so thick! It seemed to bounce back quickly to my untrained eye.

I'm thinking to take her outside for some fresh air and exercise in the bunny pen, she was an outdoor bun for most of her life and she really enjoys when she goes outside. It might encourage her gut to get going and cheer her up.

Just checked and she peed! Yahoo :D.

Lucky is now making the most ODD noise! It's almost like a guinea pig wheeking but much lower pictched, and she sounds really annoyed :?. The more I try to touch her, the more she does it.

Really starting to get worried majorly now :(, food is going in one end and nothing coming out the other. She's making that horrible noise and seems very upset.

I'm meant to be going to the doctor for myself in an hour, not sure what to do here, help?

*edit* taking her to the vet on the way to my dr appointment, fingers crossed.

Yeah, that's a stress noise. :(

And no poops is more serious than not eating. She needs immediate vet intervention, maybepain meds, a subqand an xray.

What did her pee look like? Any idea if she was straining? Something like a kidney stone can cause pain and stress that shuts down the GI tract and you have Ileus. :(

How did she respond to the light massage?

How's her breathing?

I really hope she's okay. :(

sas :pray:

That's not a happy noise. Poor Lucky.:(

Can you get her in to a vet today? I'm guessing she's in pain and that's why she's making the noise when you pet her. Until you get her in to a vet (hopefully soon), gently massage her belly and also give her something warm to snuggle with. It might help ease the pain. Syringe a little more water into her too, to keep her hydrated. That can help a lot.

:pray:

Yep, I'm just waiting on my partner to get home, we are taking her down as soon as he gets here, which should be any minute now.

She has a heated rice sock but she's not liking it, and when she pee'd it didn't look strained.

She is so scared of hands that I'm sure she thinks I am trying to hurt her rather than help :(.

Thanks guys for the help and support.

That is definitly a "Stop touching me!!!" noises. I've seen does make those noises when a male is trying to mate with them and they don't want to be mated.

I would advise to leave her be with a nice hiding place until you can get her to a vet. A carrier covered with a towel.

--Dawn

Has she been exposed to a buck or could she be pregnant?

That is the noise a doe will make when she doesn't want to be bred - and its the noise some of my pregnant does will make when they don't want to be touched or have their cages messed with..

I am glad you're taking her to the vet.

Peg

Peg, Lucky is spayed, although it could be a pseudo pregnancy?

She has left for the vet. She said before she left that she had Lucky on the bed and she was binkying and seemed all happy:?.

We just realized that Chippy makes these noises when she has a false pregnancy.

She's had 5 or 6 since we've owned her....I just never put 2 and 2 together.....duh.

:pray:

Latest posts

Back