Low Hanging Testicles

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmw

Reaction score
My Mini Rex is 1 years old and suddenly has low hanging testicles. If I get him neutered will this take care of it? Does anyone know what my options are (bunny diapers, where to buy or other options)? The vets in this area are generally not knowledgeable about chickens or rabbits.

Attachments

• Boo's testicles.jpg
    Boo's testicles.jpg
    706.2 KB · Views: 0
Does anyone know a bunny vet in New York state? We are about an hour away from NYC. The vets here want to meet my bunny, establish a relationship with my bunny, then give a quote, which means minimum $500 to fix and probably more for this vet who wouldn't even give me an estimate.

I reckon it's quite warm right now, and that's how males of several mammal species ;) react to it. If it's warm at your location right now - normal. That's the whole point of not having testicals internal. No worry. Other than that he might become temporarily heat sterile, but that doesn't seem to be a worry of yours.

Give him something cool to rest on, big tiles, concrete slabs, or whatever. Mine love places under shrubs and bushes where the dig shallow pits and lounge in there.

I wouldn't fix what isn't broken, if you are happy with his behaviour and such I wouldn't neuter. If you consider getting a second rabbit I would go for it though, intact males as house bunnies can be perfect, but with a second rabbit some issues arise, like seasonal humping and spraying. I have an intact buck and his spayed cuddlebun Dotty as free range house bunnies, sometimes there's some mopping up to do...

I started keeping house bunnies when my previous buck ventured into the house and behaved perfectly, after two years I got him Dotty, and things started to get a little more difficult.

Since he seems to be an outdoor bunny, I wouldn't worry.

Last edited:
No to any bunny diapers. Don't know whoever came up with such an idea, but they're entirely inappropriate for rabbits. Putting a diaper on a rabbit will prevent them from accessing their cecal poos. They need to be able to eat their cecotropes.

Latest posts

Back