Lots Going On In My Life....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetSassy

Reaction score
My husbands mom died a couple weeks ago. It put quite a strain on our relationship. After some counseling he was able to open up to me and talk about his mom passing. That's why I haven't been on RO a whole lot lately. Also..... Monday I signed up for college. I start November 16th. I'm gonna be doing medical assistant. I am soooo scared!! My anxiety has gone thru the roof knowing I'm starting school. I've been eating alot!! I'm an emotional eater. Which I hate cause I'm overweight already. I'm also scared cause I'm older & I've been a stay at home mom since 2007, (thats when I took the buy-out at Delphi). We've been having financial problems like everyone else, and having one income is hard. So... I thought I would go to school to help my husband financially support our family. So I can get a descent paying job.

Pray for me cause I do not want to chicken out and not go to college. I'm afraid of change. Going to college for 15 months is a long time.

Also my mom told me she wants to move in with us, when we buy a bigger house. We are working on that too for the future.My momcan help pay bills and everyone can save some money. I would have her move in now but she thinks the house we're in is too small. So we are hoping in a year or so we can get a bigger home.

I feel overwhelmed right now. Guess we'll see how things go. Holidays are coming soon too. More stress. So if I'm not on RO alot it's cause I have alot going on. I will miss everyone!!

Good for you that you're going back to school. I have been a stay-at-home mom since 1984, and started back 2 years ago to do a bachelor's degree. You can do it!!! It will be a challenge, but it's not more than you can handle.

Also, it's great that you guys were able to get counselling, and that things are coming along. The death of a parent is really hard, and takes lots of time to deal with.

You will do really well in school. I, too, btw, am an emotional eater....just remember that when you're in school, there's a lot less time to snack! You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers!:hug:

You can do it - 15 months seems long but it will pass by quicker than you will realize and I know you can do it! My brother felt the same way about his massage therapy program but he not only completed it but was one of the top in his class.

I work at a high school and have graduated my first class of freshmen that I saw come in as 9th graders and mature to seniors. Now they are in college... I don't know where the time went...

Hugs to you and your family... and best wishes!!!

Denise

How old are you now April? Ask yourself "what else would I be doing in 15 months?" Becoming a medical assistant is a great career and there are so many things that can springboard off of this. Go for it! You will be awesome.

Thanks Rebecca :biggrin2:

I will do my best. I can't wait to start cause I am getting nervous. Lol. My anxiety doesn't help, so having my family's support and everyone on RO support, it means alot to me!!

I'm 46 andalso started college after nearly 30 years as a stay-at-home mom. I'm going for an RN, and I'm about 1/2 way through. (I'm finishing up my pre-req's, then will have a break while waiting to get into the 16 month nursing program next fall).

You'll find that your age and wisdom will be a benefit in the college atmosphere, and you'll also find that there are many students your age!

Pam

pamnock wrote:
I'm 46 andalso started college after nearly 30 years as a stay-at-home mom. I'm going for an RN, and I'm about 1/2 way through. (I'm finishing up my pre-req's, then will have a break while waiting to get into the 16 month nursing program next fall).

You'll find that your age and wisdom will be a benefit in the college atmosphere, and you'll also find that there are many students your age!

Pam
Thanks Pam. Your post makes me feel better. That's great your going to school for RN. :)My 18 yr old daughter is gonna start college in January cause she wants to be a RN too.

April and Pam i am jealous of the two of you guys going to school , you will both do great!!!!!!!

April YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!

Back