Lots and Lots of Water

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlie

Reaction score
Well... I've noticed that my 7 wk old maleLionhead is drinking as much as my two adult Netherland Dwarfscombined. I know there's probably no harm in him drinking a lot, but Iwas wondering if this was normal? But, then I got to thinking, maybeit's just that my Netherlands aren't drinking enough.Hedrinks about a fifth of a 16 ounce water bottle a day (giveor take). Are my Netherlands not drinking enough? What I've noticed isthat they drink about 2 ounces each a day... which I don't think isvery much but I'm not sure... My baby Lionhead seems like he isdrinking just about all the time. I'm not sure if this is normal sinceI don't have experience with babies. I'm sorry if I'm rambling but I'mjust worried. :D

When my lionhead was around 7 weeks, she wasgoing through a 8oz water bottleevery two days so it's normal for 1/5of it to be dranken. Do you give your netherlands veggies?Ithink how much water they drink depends on how much hay they eat. Ifthey just eat pellets, then they don't need the moisture. Instead, ifthey eat the dry hay, they need something to wash it down with. Mylionhead eats a TON of hay, and drinks a TON of water.

That's a normal amount :)

OOPS justlooked again andrealized it's an 8oz.. not a 16. :imstupid

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense now. MyNetherlands don't get hay because it gives them diarrhea. They just eatpellets and the occasional carrot or two. But my Lionhead gets hay andeats a lot of pellets. So thanks a lot, now I understand.:)

Excessive water drinking can sometimes indicatea health issue. However, some rabbits simply like to playwith the water bottles :) We have some that will sit thereand hold the fonts down letting a "lot" of water run out.

Pam

Latest posts

Back