LOST BUNNY-PLEASE HELP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Jo,

Please tell your daughter that I'm so sorry she's got to deal with thekids at school being mean over this already very upsettingsituation. I truly hope that Sooty is home tonight.

I wouldn't back away from Smarty. Just be patient with herand talk to her a lot and tell her how you're doing everything you canto find her sister. Poor little doll. It breaksyour heart when they're upset, doesn't it? Smarty will comearound; she's just hurting and confused. I'd sit on the floorwith her a lot and if she wants to come up to you, she will.

Sometimes when rabbits put their teeth on you, and they don't bite,it's considered a 'love nibble'. They do it to get yourattention and its a sign for some rabbits of displaying their love foryou. If she was mad at you, I'm sure she'd have no problemnipping you to let you know that she's angry and to back off.It doesn't sound like that's the case though.

Rabbits are so sensitive. I'm sure Smarty is picking up onyour emotions as well. Thoughts and prayerscontinue. You sure have gone 100 extra miles than mostwould've for Sooty.

-Carolyn

Hi all

We made some new posters yesterday, as if from Sooty herself, appealingto "find me and takeme home becauseIamscared and lost and may be hiding in a garden, shed,garage, log pile or similar and hurt, so please look for me and take meback to the little girl who I love and who has looked after me since Iwas a baby..and to my sister who is all alone in our big hutch and needa cuddle" Wedelvered over a hundred and posted ontotrees and posts and bus shelters.

I think the neighbours are losing patience, as we stand out side atevery opportunity and call her name several times. The ladytwodoors along, returned yesterdays noteandscribbled across the back in redpen,"I have spared the time to look, she is not inmy garden or shed or anything!!" It seemed a little harsh asthe note was screwed up and left on our door step!.

My daughter went to school today, she slept better last night and Ithink is beginning to realise and accept she will not likely bounceback into the garden, and if she is found will bereturnedviasomeone else or arescuecentre. Poor old Sooty. That is herpicture there on the avatar.... taken the day before she disappeared.

I'll keep you all posted and again thank you for your encouragement and prayers.

jo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Put me on the pray list, too. I feel so sorry foryou and your 10-year old daughter. I think you should just wait tilllike tonight around dusk and go out to see if he/she is feeding on thegarden somewhere, but make sure you don't have a lot of light becausethen she'll run away scared. I have never lost a bunny like that and myrabbits are outside. My french lops even if door open will stay intheir hutch but not my sister's rabbit that is like cooco. He doesn'tsit still for one minute. He's somewhere in his cage, he can be herefor one minute then he's there the next. He's zealous(enthuastic).Everytime I go to feed him when my sister doesn't he falls right out ofhis cage. I jsut want to make him stop doing it.

I hope you find your daughter's rabbit soon. Also if there is moregardens around then ask people to look in their garden's. My thing Ihate about hutchs low to the ground is that they can eat the wood tothe ground and make a hole by digging and thats how they get loose.:(

I'm prayig for you.:)

From,

FrenchLopGirl1280:dude:

Thanks guys et Merci BienFrenchlopgirl! The sister rabbit is going nuts today, reallyracing around the garden in circles!!! Perhaps she can smellher. I must go and check that she is ok. thanks again

jo xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jo,

I keep hoping that she's back every time I see you post :(

You're obviously doing everything possible. I like the idea you used for the poster having Scoot as narrator.

As for the "lady" down the way....at least you know that she looked.

We're here for as much moral support as you can handle!!!!!

~Jim

Hello..... well good news :)and bad :(....We had a phone calll as a result of the posters..

Sooty was spotted about half a mile from home, across two busy roads,running into an electrical sub station block. However, notall bad, as it is adjacent to a wonderful livery stables where there'sacres and acres of wonderful dadndelion covered fields. So ifshe doesn;t come home, at least we can feel at peace thinking that;swhere;s she's living.:D

We have just come back from there, looked in some peoples back gardensand one man let us have a real snoop around his garden andshed. We called and called for her but obviously it isn;t agood time for her to come out, we searched under bushes and trees butno sign. We did see a large hole, hopefully a rabbit warrenand not a foxes! SO we have told the guys at the stables andthey are going to keep an eye open., and we are going to leaflet thehouses that back the paddocks in case she wanders into a gardenthere. She was spotted yesterday afternnon.....around 4.30pm. Fingers Crossed. xxxxxx

***having chills up my spine***

I have such a strange (but good!) feeling about this!!!!!!

Horse people are good people.

My fingers are crossed, too!

Bigtime bunniehugger prayers sent your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's promising news!! Did she actully crossbusy streets? Could you see traffic backed up cause their's a bunny inthe road!! I hoping this means you will find her safe andsound.

Cristy

We "collect" our recalcitrant free rangingbunnies with a crab net. A crab net looks like a fish netwith a long, five foot handle. Found at sportinggoods stores or seaside bait shops. It may prove to bebeneficial to your cause.

Happy to hear you are closing in on her.

Buck

Can you ask theHorse farmer if he will allowyou to set a havaheart trap, its safe aroundhorses and it might be theeasiest safest way to capture her .

Buck Jones wrote:
We "collect" our recalcitrant free ranging bunnies with acrab net. A crab net looks like a fish net with a long, fivefoot handle. Found at sporting goods stores orseaside bait shops. It may prove to be beneficial to yourcause.

Happy to hear you are closing in on her.

Buck
That explains the look on Rosie's face when I take out my crab net :shock:.

Just kidding!!! I don't even own a crab net :p

We've had Rosie for a month now and she's doing wonderful. She's my avatar!!

Rosie says "Hi!" to Uncle Buck & Auntie Missus!!

~Jim

I am gonna go out in the morning early..... Iwill set the Hava Hart trap tomorrow and see what comes ofit. The horsey people were great about it and have her picand will keep their eyes open.

I have been there tonight around 10pm on my way home from Judo, andcalled and called, I could hear rustling in the bushes, but she didn;tappear, but it could have been anything in there.

I didn;t spot her yesterday, a local mum did walking her kids home fromschool. They have rabbits and tried to gently coax her, but she scootedoff, so they are keeping their eyes peeled too, she called me becauseshe got the number from the posters stuck all over the village!

But yes, the roads she crossed are busy, one is particulary busy, but iguess at night / early hours it is kinda quiet. They are country lanesreally. so fast moving traffic not great quantities.

Will update you all tomorrow. Cheers

Jo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you hear russling in the bushes is could beher. Don't expect her to come running when you all her namelike a dog would. She has been through a lot in a littletime. You may try sitting on the ground gently calling hereand see if she pokes her head out after a few minutes. If shedoes having her favorite food with you may help to get her out and showher face. Rabbits can dig a lot in a short time.Were there any rabbit poops around the area? If you can findfresh poops she has been near the area. If you do spot herbut she is too shy to come out you could try bringing her buddy in acarrier to the area. She may poke out then. Youwill have to be patient.

Ed

I truely and honestly hope you find her. It sounds so hopeful that she's been spotted.

Does she have any favorite treat? I know my rabbits come running whenthey hear raisins being shaken (I have them in a plastic sealedcontainer). Maybe that would work?

I am sorry you have to go through this. I hope everything turns out well.

I am lucky Pebbles doesn't run from us. We just layon the floor with our hands out, and she would come runningto lick our hand. Maybe holdsome treats in your hands when you reach out forher.

Praying that Sooty is safe and sound.

Rainbows! :)

Latest posts

Back