Looks like we are getting another rabbit...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cindyrads

Reaction score
Someone my husband works with got a rabbit from someone else for her kids and apparently it isn't working out. When my husband came home and told me they had gotten a rabbit I told him then they would end up pushing it off on us. That was about 3-4 weeks ago.

My husband texts me today saying she asked him three times if he wanted it and he kept saying no. I told him to just get it before they end up killing it. I gave them one of our baby bearded dragon babies a couple years ago and that didn't survive. :pssd:

So all I know so far is that she is a black female. I told him to send me some pics of her. I'm hoping she is spayed but I highly doubt it. Dudley isn't old enough to be neutered yet so I'll have to have her done right away. I'm not even sure if we are going to keep her because I wanted to get a flemish giant female maybe next year to bond with Dudley. But who knows. ;)

It's still exciting bringing in a new bun though.

Yeah... that happens to me a lot actually. Not just with buns but with all animals. LOL!

Here is a pic of her. Notice the tiny cage and crappy food. No hay either. I told my husband to get her today.

rabbit-1.jpg

Well as it turns out someone else is going to take the rabbit. Everything happened so fast on friday and the woman who has her had an emergency and had to leave work early. So we never really got a chance to get her and my husband never told her that we would take her. We were still talking to each other about it and then she left.

I guess as long as she gets a good home but I wish I knew the people who were taking her. I hope they are knowledgeable. :bawl:

On another note, this whole episode got a bug up my butt about getting another rabbit. We were intending on getting a Flemish female so I went ahead and got one from one of the breeders I was looking at. I was trying so hard to wait but thinking we were getting the black female this weekend was just too much.:biggrin:

I feel like the universe was setting me up here for some reason. :?

Now we are rescuing this rabbit anyway. Part of the problem probably was that my husband was involved with the communication, plus the woman who has the rabbit doesn't speak great English. :p

He is bringing her home tomorrow. I have no idea what happened to the people who were supposed to take her and I honestly don't care. Maybe they never really existed. LOL!

I guess I will look at it as a foster rabbit and see if we can find her a good home. In the mean time she will have good food, a big cage and plenty of out time. :rabbithop

aww my baby bun looks exactly like that except smaller and has a white foot. looks like shes got someone to love her the right way! my lil bundle of joy is trying to nibble on my jacket zipper as i type this:inlove:

Latest posts

Back