Looking for some advice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allan norris

Reaction score
Hi ive just signed up here looking for some help I recently got two rabbits from my brother they were bought for my nephew and niece but after a wee while they didn't bother with them.

There is two rabbits about 7 to 8 months old and they have been fighting for about a month now nothing to serious until the last few days it has been really vicious today the one rabbit chased the other one it was a bit frightening a lot of fur out of the rabbit got quit a bad cut on his ear.

I had no option I put one in the hutch in the garage and the other one is in the hutch outside. Can anyone help with what I can do with them. Am not sure of there sex and I can't get the bunny seen by the vet until Wednesday. Sorry for the long winded post. Many thanks Allan.

Not unusual behavior for hormonal rabbits. Rabbit fights can be quite vicious and even deadly. You were right to separate them. The difficulty now is that since the aggression continued for so long, they may decide not to bond even after they are fixed.

In order for two rabbits to bond, they both need to be fixed, allowed 4-8 weeks (depending on sex) for those hormones to dissipate after surgery and then go through a bonding process. Sometimes they still won't get along. It just depends on the individual rabbits. Here's more about rabbit bonding.

Back