Little Miracles Rabbit Rescue (EDIT: STOP THE NEGATIVITY!)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
155317_109408222463967_100001843708397_82776_1994563_n.jpg

156972_109408515797271_100001843708397_82790_4940619_n.jpg

67851_109408642463925_100001843708397_82796_2452731_n.jpg

35613_109408672463922_100001843708397_82798_5654828_n.jpg

67852_109409309130525_100001843708397_82825_8251212_n.jpg

This woman shouldn't be crucified she needs help. these bunnies can't however, stay in these conditions just because we don't want to exacerbate her mental condition

162604_109409699130486_100001843708397_82840_7700827_n.jpg

i don't know man, if these pictures dont show proof i don't know what does.

i used to feel guilty when i forgot to change my boys litter box for a few days...

Hi Everyone,
First of all I just want to say, I didn't even know about these forums! Sorry to find it under such circumstances. Seems like there are probably a lot of great folks here!

Just want you all to know, I totally understand why you would want to think that none of this with Little Miracles Rabbit Rescue actually happened! I would love to be able to think that too. To just disbelieve all of this and walk away. What I can't seem to wrap my head around is how anyone would suspect that this whole thing was just orchestrated over jealousy or whatever other reason. How can anyone possibly believe that when all of these ex volunteers from Florida, people from New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Virginia, have come forward. Can you really believe we ALL created this imaginary story and imaginary pitures because what? We are ALL jealous? All of these people, who have never met each otherin person?

Problem is, I was there and I feel obligated to tell the story of the rabbits that I whitnessed suffering at the hands ofor should I say lack of hands of this individual. And I will understand if you choose not to believe me, but it is sadly, very true.

This individual chooses not to remember all of those rabbits, telling us she never had that many, and changing the number of how many she had every time she defends herself. But I will tell their story, because they deserve to be remembered. I only wish they could be remembered for who they were before going into that hell hole of a rescue. Because at one time, they could have been someone's beloved pet, at one time they binkied and played and had names that mattered to someone. In the care of this person, all they were was a story to tell for attention, and a dollar sign.

What I whitnessed was much of what her ex volunteers whitnessed, and the other rescue above who took in 15 of these rabbits. What we saw was also different from what others saw.

We went into thethis personshome in 2003 after this individualwas already gone and living in Florida. To shorten the story, we saw three or four rooms in the home, and a shed in the yard(in the middle of summer) FULL of rabbits. Somewhere around the count of 350 rabbits, either Hal or I lost count, and were too tired to recount them all over again.

Rabbits in tiny stacked cages. Rabbits who had not gotten out of those tiny cages in over a year according to someone close to this individuals mother. These poor rabbits were so bored, they had chewed their litter boxes until they were nothing but slabs in the bottome of the wire bottomed cage. Any plastic food dishes were the same. They had no interest in us when we came, it was like they had already lost hope in humans. They just sat in the same spot, obviously beyond the point of distress.

When we had gotten there the first time, the cages hadn't been cleaned in around two months. The one room in the home was called the "sick room" and contained the sickest rabbits. Bunnies with head tilt, bunnies sneazing blood, sneazing and infected goopy eyes. Urine splattered everywhere, scraggly looking pet cats, fleas so bad in the middle of summer we had to wear long clothes and Judy would keep a bottle of flea spray by the steps for everyone to spray themselves with when they walked in the door.

Hal(another small animal rescue) and our rescue went in and cleaned cages, medicated bunnies and slowly transported as many rabbits as we could out of there.While there, even though we truely did feel sorry for this person close to the head of this rescue, we would have loved to take pictures of the mess, butwas instructed not to let us leave her sight, and told us from the get go she would not allow cameras in the house. She never left us, she stood over us the whole time we were there.

In the end, all we wanted was to "free" as many rabbits as we could from what we considered prison for innocent rabbits. That was our main conern. In the end we rescued, transported to other rescues, and rehomed all but around 20 of those the rabbits who were stuck there for at least a year, some for two years or who knows? Maybe longer.

We thought that was going to be the end, because surely anyone who made animals suffer like that would be feeling too guilty to do it again? Wrong! Most people with these kinds of mental instabilities convince themselves that they are doing nothing wrong, and that they are in fact the heros. They can lie and believe their own lies mentally beause they don't have the capacity to face the truth.

I was very dismayed to find out that she was doing this again in Florida, and even more shocked to find out she was treating them even worse than she did in New Jersey. I saw the pitures the volunteers took and her pitures, it is obvious that it is the same building and some of the same rabbits that Christine wants us all to believe is what happens every day.

What this person is doing is not "rescue", taking these rabbits out of one bad situation and putting them into another.

She only now has this "shelter" and all of these new volunteers because she is manipulative,takes convincing pictures, and has convinced others, and maybe some of you here, to fund this new "shelter" and everything she has to make it look shiney and new. The money and the rabbits are like was said by someone else, like a drug to her. And right now she is as high as she can get. Problem with that is that we all know, once you reach the very top, there is only one way to go.

Once her new volunteers lose interest, or catch on to her, the care of the rabbits will go to the wayside. The cages won't get cleaned as much, and they vet will not be called when needed. Just like what just happened in Florida. Besides that, she will fill out every possible space she has with rabbits to try to get that high back. She will overwhelm herself because in her own mind, she is a hero and no one else can save these rabbits.

I have said what I needed to say. I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. I know what I saw,just as the others here know what they saw, and only hope that some people can use their better judgement in all of this.

Our rescue has no interest in opening a shelter, we do not feel that Little Miracles or this person is reputable, so no we do not have any competitive or jealousy issues at all. It's just really hard to feel that the bunnies who have suffered have gotten any closure when everyone, including the one person who was supposed to be there for them, won't even acknowledge them or what she has done to them.

Great if she really does clean it up and keep it that way. However,the rabbits who myself and all of the others who have their own horror stories to tell, well they deserve to be heard, no matter howthis individualmakes it look. She still abused and neglected hundreds of animals and they need to be heard.

The most important point is that us saying stuff on the internet won't change the situation. What you need to do if you want things to change are call up the local law enforcement, humane society, SPCA, etc, and send them the pictures, ask them to do a visit. The only people who have the power to change it are the law enforcement where the rescue is located, and if they don't know about the problem, nothing can be done.

You could also try to contact people in places she's lived before--if she has a trail of neglect in her wake, some humane law officer must have been involved at some point on her case. If you can find a humane law officer who investigated her in the past and saw bad things, but she has now moved out of the jurisdiction of that law officer, the law officer may be willing to put a call in to the current locale's humane law enforcement, which would be an even stronger reason for them to go investigate.

"Bad-mouthing" this person on the web won't get anything done; you need to get the info to the people who can help.

The NJ SPCA, their local animal control,police, and PETA, plus just recently HSUS have all been contacted and mailed a large packet of statements. PETA also may have someone on the inside as we speak, because that is how they operate. The problem is, she has to be caught in the act, so we will just have to wait and see. All these past accounts will do is make people aware and help them choose if they really want to support this kind of "rescue". Trust me, law enforcement is listening, and they are not impressed with Little Miracles, but all we can do right now is sit and wait.

That is why I just said what I needed to say, and I am done saying the same things over and over again. Time will tell the truth.

I am really angry that this lady would mistreat the rabbits that she had in her care. I hope that she gets shutdown, put in jail, and has to pay a huge fine for what she did.

I would never treat my rabbits like she treat the rabbits at her "rescue". I treat my rabbits like they are my family/kids. I truly love my rabbits, as I am sure that everyone here loves their rabbits.

I am giving my rabbits big hugs and kisses each night and thanking them for being so wonderful every night/day from now on. Plus I am going to do whatever I can to keep my rabbits. After seeing this, I am not going to rehome my rabbits. I want to help save rabbits! I want to speak out for the rabbits!!!!!!

Steph@LittleFurriesRescue wrote:
The NJ SPCA, their local animal control,police, and PETA, plus just recently HSUS have all been contacted and mailed a large packet of statements. PETA also may have someone on the inside as we speak, because that is how they operate. The problem is, she has to be caught in the act, so we will just have to wait and see. All these past accounts will do is make people aware and help them choose if they really want to support this kind of "rescue". Trust me, law enforcement is listening, and they are not impressed with Little Miracles, but all we can do right now is sit and wait.
Remember anybody can read this forum...u dont wanna give the wrong person the heads up on this...its tough catchin someone in the act if they know ur watching.

Animal Control in the county she lived in, while in Florida, was contacted often. Trouble is, that Kris was a police officer, and she worked with Animal Control, who conveniently, but sadly,looked the other way. Believe me, every avenue was actively explored.

Animal Control, where she currently is in NJ, has been alerted.

Since nobody who has first-hand experience started this thread, responses are not bad-mouthing, IMO. Those who have experience with this rescue, are simply trying to bring out the truth in defense of the person who started the thread. We are fighting for the RABBITS, and that is the simple truth. So many have died in this rescue...

Thank you Harvanator!! So many good points!! YES...I was an "enabler" for LMRR!! I was warned by peolpe who knew Kristie and ex-volunteers. I didn't believe them...I thought they had "personal vendettas" against lmrr...I had to learn the hard way. Maybe if I would have listened and did research....this wouldn't have become so big...maybe less rabbits would have died!! But not just 1 person can help this situation!!! it's going to take everyone coming together.

Look at the patterns....a new group of volunteers start and work so hard to help the rabbits....but they don't last because they realize the truth. It was hard for me and the others vols to leave...because we knew that the rabbits were going to suffer.

All of the posts saying "contact animal control, spca. police, humane society...we all have. Statements, letters, and pictures have been mailed many times....even the Florida State Attorney Gen. There is too much red tape. They all respond saying contact this person or call that agency... nothing happens. The fact that Kristie was a police officer in Florida...didn't help us one bit.

I love all animals and try to help all I can. I'm not going to "shut down" a rescue for personal reasons or out of jealousy...I'll support any rescue that is a "real" rescue. I also understand that rescues are not always going to be perfect...it is a hard job running a rescue. Lmrr may appear to be doing good...but from what I witnessed...it's a really bad rescue. Yes, there have been successful adoptions...I will not deny lmrr that...what a blessing for those rabbits that made it out alive...but what about the rest????

You say that she WAS a police officer. Couldn't you find out why she isn't a police officer anymore, maybe dig around and see why she got fired or quit as a police officer. Maybe that will have some weight on this situation.

Sweetie wrote:
You say that she WAS a police officer. Couldn't you find out why she isn't a police officer anymore, maybe dig around and see why she got fired or quit as a police officer. Maybe that will have some weight on this situation.
It wouldn't make any difference, though, to her neglect of the rabbits.

Those of us who have been following this for some time have some good idea of what happened there, but publishing that isn't at all relevant to how the rabbits in her 'care' have suffered in the past...and sadly are likely to in the future if this can't be stopped now.

actually it can. if she was fired/quit for a bad reason then it can weigh against her with law enforcement, and if it is ever brought to court which I hope it eventually does it can make it where she is even less believable and wiegh in the favor of the rabbits, so she can pay for her crimes and keep it from happening again

Crystal

Oh My Darlin Rabbitry wrote:
actually it can. if she was fired/quit for a bad reason then it can weigh against her with law enforcement, and if it is ever brought to court which I hope it eventually does it can make it where she is even less believable and wiegh in the favor of the rabbits, so she can pay for her crimes and keep it from happening again

Crystal
Well, if that was the case, then the information could be gleaned from her former employer by the court. I'm certainly not going to cloud the issue here of what is happening to the rabbits by bringing up what else has been happening in her life

One of the things that is bothering me is that there are no dates on the pictures or proof of where they were taken. They have probably been cropped but, still, dates and location are necessary when making an accusation. I am not defending LLRR, just making a point. I am sure that "she" is aware that "she" is being "watched by a hawk" and, for now, has everything in order. I will be going down there when the excitement of the "Grand Opening" (this weekend) dies down and they have settled into a regular routine and their "guard is down". It doesn't take long for a for a bunny to make a mess of its cage. I know because I have to vacuum most of my cages, daily. Judging from the pictures, the cages hadn't been totally cleaned in over a week.

dootsmom - You are right. Those cages were only cleaned when volunteers came. That means that if a volunteer couldn't make it for a couple weeks (and LMRR was always low on volunteers, as Ms. Corson would continually 'fire' them or they would quit) then the cages would not get cleaned.

Here are photos that I took in August of 09: http://s1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff445/LMRR_Horrors/

These were taken right before she removed me from her volunteer list. I have heard from other volunteers that things got much, much worse after this and then she decided to move back to NJ.

I have 44 rabbits here right now. My Vet, Dr. Hodes in Mine Hill, once said to me: "I don't see why you bother taking such care of them (bringing them to be vetted), they only live 5 to 7 years".....then he stopped and said "except at your house!!". That made me feel good. Officially, my doors are closed. One of the reasons is that I have no volunteers. They did come and only wanted to pet. When I said: "first you clean, then you feed, and then you pet", they never came back. Rabbits are a lot of work. A lot of lifting, lugging, and back breaking work. It takes me 6 hours, a week, just to do litter boxes. Feeding, alone, takes 2 hours a day. Right now, I am procrastinating......I have to go get my monthly supply of pellets....500 pounds. Tomorrow is a "veggie run". Last week was a "shavings and equine pine run" (every two weeks). The work never ends!! Caring for all the rabbits has taken its toll on me. I'm tired. The rabbits that are adoptable are on Petfinder. All my old guys (ages 6 to 11) will stay here. Few people want to adopt an "old" rabbit. The few that are born here, because the doe came in pregnant, do not leave until they are 6 months old and have been spayed/neutered.

Jeez!!! The smell in that room must have been over-powering!! Obviously, she didn't spend much time in it!!

dootsmom: you are doing a wonderful job. I understand that it can/is hard work. I don't think that I would be able to do it. It is hard enough keeping my own two rabbits clean and healthy.

Thank you Oh My Darlin Rabbitry. I knew that there was something that people could use against this lady of LMRR.

RosL: so what I am getting is that you think that this situation is hopeless. That this is a never ending battle because she will always win. I am just trying to understand all of this.

I don't think that the situation is "hopeless". It's obvious that she has to be monitored, constantly, and when she slips up the right authorities have to be called. Not the local ACO's but, PETA, NJSPCA, the Mayor, Town Councils, etc.. and be kept on top of until they have to do something.

Back