Little Miracles Rabbit Rescue (EDIT: STOP THE NEGATIVITY!)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The president (Kristie) states in a message of defense that the bad conditions happened when she was in and out of the hospital after being diagnosed with Crohn's Disease.
I'll be honest here, she had several hospital stays. However, the neglect started years before she was supposedly diagnosed with Crohn's disease. The neglect in Florida was apparent even during periods of time when she was not in the hospital. Crohn's disease is not the only medical excuse she gave to me to get out of caring for the rabbits. When I volunteered, she called me over to feed the buns when she was "incapacitated" for everything from tooth pain to a supposedly broken foot. I did have some reason to be skeptical. Trust me, she will have an excuse for everything.

And I would like to pose a question: If she knows that she is unable to care for the rabbits properly due to a medical condition, why does she keep taking more in?

I agree with you both, there is no excuse for that kind of neglect from a rescue. It's sad these bunnies are supposed to go from bad situations to good ones, not from bad to bad, or even worse! :(

You are right, it is just inexcusable.

I run a rescue,I have been sick, I have had tragedies, I have been in the hospital and I have had to be out of the state for periods of time.Not during any of these times didany animals in my care NOT have someone to care for them.

Ihave crawled across the floor to care for myanimals and children before, I have hired pet sitters that Ican't afford and bribed, begged andsold just about anything of value that I own to care for myfamily properly, furry, human or fosters.. doesn't matter!

Shecould have utilized all of her resources she brags about, she comes off as being pretty smart. Why did she notcall her buddies at the police department, how about the shelters that are all allegedly falling over themselves to help her? Someone could have coordinated something in her absence to help care for them properly.

There is no excuse forit getting that bad before anything is done about it.

She makes a LOT of excuses for a LOT of accusations. Sometimes the story is different every time, or she adds to it.

so whos gonna step up and do some articles with the link that i posted or with Dragonrain RO member offered....just discussing this in a forum is not gonna help the bunnies.i know its a big step to put urself out there but any and all noise about this rescue will help shut it down... waiting for people to get back with you and hoping they will take over the fight is a waste of time..more people who voice their concerns to the media will get somebodies attention...

I believe a lot is being done behind the scenes.

However, that information is kept under wraps to not tip off the wrong people.

Seeing those pics of the bunnies in the condition that they are in, just really pisses me off. I wish I was in NJ so that I can personally send her a *beep*. You guys can fill in the beep.

To those living in NJ and Florida, can those of us who are not living in those states email you and you send the info to her? Also statements about the reason why we would like to get LMRR shut down?

Flash Gordon wrote:
so whos gonna step up and do some articles with the link that i posted or with Dragonrain RO member offered....just discussing this in a forum is not gonna help the bunnies.i know its a big step to put urself out there but any and all noise about this rescue will help shut it down... waiting for people to get back with you and hoping they will take over the fight is a waste of time..more people who voice their concerns to the media will get somebodies attention...
i posted one of the links to the LMRR bunny truths website and told them to write in to these people - the admin of the page said she would try to do that.

i wish i could do more, i hate living so far away

That is good that Bianca is still alive. But it is so sad that the other rabbits are not alive.

I wish that I was closer so that I can do something.

Flash Gordon wrote:
i hope ur right guys about things being underway cuz ive heard about this rescues probs a long time ago, but shes still open.
If things are underway, it takes time to get a place shut down. After all the evidence and such then it will take about a month or so to shut her down. Learning Tree Child and Family Center was shut down after years of things going wrong. So it can take a while for a place to get shut down.

An investigation like this might take several months unfortunately. The evidence that has already been gathered over the years will simply get them the aid they need to open a new investigation. It is still good for us to spread the word and keep others from being victimized by this kind of carelessness in the process.

Violet23 wrote:
PETA is involved?! oh boy, thats another can of worms I dont even wanna go near, I think there's another post about them somwhere else
I can't STAND peta (for feminist reasons)

but why is it bad that they are getting involved in this?

It was just the other post that i read that had the articles about them euthanizing 97% of the animals they rescue, that's why I worry about them getting involved in anything like this. I mean if they get involved and it actually does some good, then ok. Im just hoping for the best for the bunnies's sakes.

I wonder... if someone local could contact the medium like TV or newspaper with the behind the screen photos or even some video clips, this should be able to draw the public awareness of what's truly going on with the LMRR.

Latest posts

Back