Litter training

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunnybunny63

Reaction score
My old rabbits lived on grass 24/7 and refused to use a tray prefering to toilet on the grass. I recently got 2 rescue rabbits. At the rescue they use litter trays so thought id carry that on. The rabbits currently live seperatly (yet to be bonded together) and on concrete with hutches up a ladder. They both go to the toilet upstairs in the tray, but often go next to it or whevere the straw is in the hutch. They pee and poop on the straw (which is meant to be there to keep them warm! I put their hay in the tray at one end for them to sit and eat while hopefully sat in the tray.

Not quite sure what else to do, as I know they also sit and eat the straw, and must be going to thr toilet at the same time. The male bunny over the last few days keeps pushing his tray round the hutch, and then toileting behind the tray (where the tray would be if he hadnt moved It) so I know thats the spot where he wishes to go. Could it be the little thry dont like, or do they need the trays cleaned out even more? Cleaning them out every other day, sometimes every day. Thanks for any suggestions.

I have boxes in every corner in my house (cardboard boxes) but I put puppy pads in them! He pretty much uses them most of the time! But the poop is a different story he will poop anywhere! Every time I put a fresh one down my cat thinks it's her bed.

Latest posts

Back