Litter Training =(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravishing

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Penelopy (as seen in my display picture) is as sweet as can be. I love her to absolute peices! She hasn't mastered litter training. I genuinely tried my best, have read online for tips and guides on how to encourage her and well.. She'll have a good week, then an okay week, and then we're back to square one!!

I kind of just want to throw in the towel!

Is it really vital to have her spayed in order for her to use her litter box? Is it really going to make a difference?

I'm just so worried about her going under the knife! She's my life =(

Should I put the litter training on hold till she gets spayed? :(

I don't know how old she truly is... But I've had her for 6 months and at the most I believe she is one year old.

Hi Ravishing: Yes, you need to get her spayed.. Will cost you some money, but if you research Vets, you should be able to find something cost effective.

She will be MUCH happier, not angry, p*ssy. I know it seems harsh, but buns are notorious for getting uterine problems (I deal with them in my work at a rabbit shelter).

Spaying her will help immensely. Part of her going everywhere but the litter box is simply hormonal behavior. Some buns litter train w/o being fixed, but success of training is much higher if you do spay/neuter the bun.

The chance of reproductive cancer in females is extremely high by age 3 (some estimates are 80%). Getting her spayed will not only make her easier to live with, but could easily save her life! Definitely go for it.

Latest posts

Back