Litter training!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elybun

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I would like some help.
My rabbit (>6 months old + spayed) was great with litter training until 3/4 months old, when he started showing hormonal behavior. After we got him spayed, he got back on track with using the litter box.
However, a new problem has emerged: he always pees near the entrance of my apartment. It's almost as if he's deliberately targeting that spot and he doesn't want to pee in his enclosure when he needs to (this has been going on for at least 2 months, even if I always clean).
Should I consider restarting his litter training from scratch? Or perhaps should I limit his space until he improves? I don't know how to stop him from peeing in that area.
Any suggestions on how to break this habit would be greatly appreciated!
I added a picture as context

Attachments

• Taccuino senza nome (1)-2.jpg
    Taccuino senza nome (1)-2.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 0
I would block off that region for some weeks, and deep clean it. I have a permanent gate to the utility room because my girl didn't stop to use the corner behind the washing machine as toilet, that's on the opposite side of the house of where the litter box is.

Another option would be to put a litterbox there.

Back