Litter training an un spayed bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brownies

Reaction score
So I'm soon to be getting a new rabbit. But I won't be able to spay/neuter it for maybe a few months. I'm making a vet fund. But here's my questions:
-How old do bunnies need to be to get spayed?
-Is there a different process of litter training an in-spayed rabbit? If so, what is it?
I wAnt to litter train the rabbit. But is there any different process? Thanks in advance who take the time to answer :)

There is no difference in the way you litter train whether a bun is spayed or intact.

I have two females that are intact that I have litter trained. However, when the hormones are raging one or both (I have never caught them at it) will spray. So far they have not sprayed when outside of their cage. Although, since it does not have solid sides sometimes the spray makes it outside of the cage.

If you are adopting then most places have the buns spayed first. Usually hormones will kick in at 3 months old. You will want to check with your vets to find out at what age they would be willing to spay.

There is no difference in the way you litter train whether a bun is spayed or intact.

I have two females that are intact that I have litter trained. However, when the hormones are raging one or both (I have never caught them at it) will spray. So far they have not sprayed when outside of their cage. Although, since it does not have solid sides sometimes the spray makes it outside of the cage.

If you are adopting then most places have the buns spayed first. Usually hormones will kick in at 3 months old. You will want to check with your vets to find out at what age they would be willing to spay.

Thank you :) I will do! :) I just gotta save an then ill ask my vet

Latest posts

Back