Litter box, litter suggestions.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaoticness

Reaction score
Hello all, Bunin currently has a litter box set up(which he does go in to go pee) but poos all over(which I don't mind I clean up the poos when I wake up and before I go to sleep). I have hamsters who use aspen bedding and I was wondering if I could mix the aspen bedding into his litter box to try and help with an odor. Unsure where it originated from. Is there also anything that can help make cleaning the litter box easier? I use a broken down shallow storage bin from target.
Can include photos if needed.

Hello all, Bunin currently has a litter box set up(which he does go in to go pee) but poos all over(which I don't mind I clean up the poos when I wake up and before I go to sleep). I have hamsters who use aspen bedding and I was wondering if I could mix the aspen bedding into his litter box to try and help with an odor. Unsure where it originated from. Is there also anything that can help make cleaning the litter box easier? I use a broken down shallow storage bin from target.
Can include photos if needed.
Hello! You can definitely mix in aspen chips into the litter, but what really helps is placing the rabbit's timothy or other appropriate hay nearby the litter box. Rabbits really love to defecate while they eat, so this encourages natural behavior.

Pics for context. This is is one of our younger Flemish Giant babies (pic from several weeks ago).

Attachments

• 6B86F48B-79F0-4862-B12C-F1B43C5AD69B.jpeg
    6B86F48B-79F0-4862-B12C-F1B43C5AD69B.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 841A5286-D56B-4975-8C97-444AE7776E56.jpeg
    841A5286-D56B-4975-8C97-444AE7776E56.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Hello! You can definitely mix in aspen chips into the litter, but what really helps is placing the rabbit's timothy or other appropriate hay nearby the litter box. Rabbits really love to defecate while they eat, so this encourages natural behavior.

Pics for context. This is is one of our younger Flemish Giant babies (pic from several weeks ago).
He's had timothy and alfalfa offered to him over his litter box but doesn't eat them there at all. I've head to move his hay around in his cage and he'll eat it.

Latest posts

Back