litter box help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

livayah

Reaction score
Hi! I have a 5 month old lion head that has some weird litter box habits. He has a designated litter box that up until recently he was peeing in great but lately he only uses it when it’s placed outside of his cage for his daily run and refuses to use it inside of the cage no matter where i place it. He has not been neutered yet due to the current situation (We had an appointment that got cancelled sadly) but he was really good at using his litter box despite that. Any advice would help!

He will keep on being stubborn and you need to keep your rules and clean up after him. Your bunny is filled with hormones, I had this problem until my buck turned a year old. I just kept on cleaning after him and carrying him to the box when peeing. I also rewarded him when he went to the litter box.

Neutering will make you skip the annoying teenage period a bit and make it easier to go through 🤣

Hi, i have a similar problem my bunny pees inside her litter box but poops everywhere. Does anyone know why she might do this ?
How old is she? Is she spayed?

If she is urinating in the box, that is the biggest battle won. That is most important. The poos will soon follow. When first in a new roaming area, it is common for a rabbit to mark the area with poos. That need will subside in time. As for the cage itself, some rabbits will consider the whole cage to be poopville, while others will get better at doing most of the poos in the litter box. It is the very rare rabbit that is ever 100% with poos. Thankfully, they are dry and odorless and easy enough to sweep up.

Once she's thoroughly acclimated to her cage, just sweep the poos off the cage floor and dump them in the litter box. She may get the hang of it (or at least get noticeably better at it).

Back