Litter box help!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lionheadloady

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I have three bonded bunnies all spayed and nuetered. One male and two females. I have tried everything to fully litter train them, but they still tend to poop everywhere. They are free roamed to a room and don’t poop all over the room but just outside their litter box and occasional poops all over. (They have two litter boxes and a judge hay rack) Please help!!

Limit their area for a while and train them. Easier to control and clean, then slowly expand to free roaming.

Takes around 2-4 weeks to train a bunny, they pick it up quite fast. But the crucial point will be cleaning up after they made the mess at the wrong spot.

I often clean with a mixture of vinegar and water, so the urine scent disappear. If they smell their urine that will be a bathroom.

how long did you do it? It have always worked for my bunnies ^^

Had a similiar problem, one off the buns pooed and peed right in front of the big litter box. I just added a second one ( a normal cat litter box, half the size of the big one) there which is a little lower and acts as step to the big box with the hay rack, they have to go over this box to get to the hay rack - most of the urine goes into this box now, which is actually easier to clean too.

Hi everybody! I have three bonded bunnies all spayed and nuetered. One male and two females. I have tried everything to fully litter train them, but they still tend to poop everywhere. They are free roamed to a room and don’t poop all over the room but just outside their litter box and occasional poops all over. (They have two litter boxes and a judge hay rack) Please help!!

Apollo can get like this which is quite annoying. He’ll urinate and poop on my beanbag. I found that it’s generally things that smell like me that he’s marks. For the poops that are just out of the litter box it may be because they are kicking it out. Could it be a thing where only one or two of the bunnies are litter trained?

@Lionheadloady , just to clarify.... it is only the poos, not the urine that is the issue?

If so, that is perfectly normal. Most rabbits are 100% with urine but not with poos. The occasional stray poos are inevitable (except for the very rare rabbit).

Latest posts

Back