Lionhead Lovers List

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is my lionhead / mini rex mix.anyone know what her color is called? someone said shes fawn.

lionhead5.jpg

Liono3.jpg

Liono2.jpg

Daiy Mae's pictures were lost in the move so here are a few of her.

DSC01389.jpg

DSC01066.jpg

DSC00490.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

Ok that's enough for now, I've got a million pictures of her, you guys will get sick of seeing them.

Susan
:bunnydance:

SOOOSKA wrote:

Ok that's enough for now, I've got a million pictures of her, you guys will get sick of seeing them.

Susan
:bunnydance:

Who could ever get sick of that cutie's face?

Yea! I can finally join this group.

She nineish months old. Dosent have a name yet bunt am leaning toward Penelope. Can anyone tell me about her color? She is White with brown eye bands and some brown on her ears too. Whole body is white.

Newbun018.jpg

Newbun010.jpg

Newbun006.jpg

Newbun011.jpg

Newbun013.jpg

Well, since Simis pics were lost... Here are some new ones :) (cause I know how much you guys love seeing her cute face :p:D)

Heres she is now:
july82.jpg

simipepsi.jpg

Heres one to show how big my baby is:
simifunnycolorside.jpg

And here are some baby pics:
simi6.jpg

simi.jpg

simi5.jpg

And here she is with her sister before I brought her home...
babygirlveryverycute.jpg

(shes the one looking at the camera)

Sorry for all the different size of pics.

SSS

Well I hope it is ok to post Simon...he is not full lionhead, but he poofs :)

simons9003.jpg

simons7022.jpg

Simons2022.jpg

Simons1008.jpg

and of course his fuzzy bum!

me001.jpg

Of course its fine to post Simon - this is for purebred lionheads and lionhead mixes...and sometimes I wonder if it should be for lionhead wannabes (gotta find a mane to put on Zeus).

Peg

Okay, can I be honest here? I have a lionhead that I adore, but this is not my favorite breed. But I've got to admit, some of your buns are absolutely darling. I've always been a fan of Mr. Tumnus, but I'm in love with almost everyone's bunnies.

But, of course, Einstein will kill me if he hears me talk nicely about any other lionhead. He might look cute, but he's a pistol!

Einstein4.jpg

Don't let his frou frou look fool you...he's one dangerous guy!

:biggrin2:

Ok so here are a few pictures of my Winston actually that should say "Lord Winston".

DSC03093.jpg

DSC02322.jpg

DSC02294.jpg

DSC02114.jpg

And a short video when Winston & Vega first came to live with us.

Susan:)

I've heard of mean lionheads and I have one that was very unsocialized and is as mean as they come. But the majority of my lionheads are pretty gentle and curious.....and my bucks are usually little lovers.

I'm sorry that Einstein isn't that way - I think a lot of it has to do with how they're handled and socialized when they're young. I have one buck that I sold where the girl dressed him up and put him in a Barbie car for a pet contest....he was almost like a stuffed animal to her (and from the pictures and stuff - he had the perfect personality for it). He also was a show quality rabbit that did well on the tables....

I think that this guy was that way partly 'cause of his parents (who were great) and partly 'cause he was handled so much at a young age. At 8 weeks old - when he got his own cage - he'd drag his litterbox to the front of the cage about every 3 days to let me know he wanted it dumped......

Peg

Einstein, Einstein, Einstein...

He's a nice little guy, but has an attitude for sure. It doesn't help that he's going through his adolescent period and hasn't been neutered yet. He's going in at the End of April - thank goodness!

He's been handled and socialized by me since I got him at about 3 months old. But he, I believe, was abused when he was young and that most likely contributes to his bad attitude.

I wouldn't trade him for the world, but he's still a pain in my backside!

TinysMom wrote:
At 8 weeks old - when he got his own cage - he'd drag his litterbox to the front of the cage about every 3 days to let me know he wanted it dumped......

Peg, I'm amazed to read this! Did he really???? How clever can they be! I'd so much love to see him do this!

I like lionheads a lot, however, I'd be reluctant to have one, since I've read in sites and forums about genetic problems, having to do mainly with seizures and malocclusion. I've also read that, since this is a relatively new breed, I lot of genetic issues have not been dealt with successfully up to now. However, members who breed lionheads would know a lot more, in order to judge if this is correct or not...

Marietta

Marietta wrote:
TinysMom wrote:
At 8 weeks old - when he got his own cage - he'd drag his litterbox to the front of the cage about every 3 days to let me know he wanted it dumped......

Peg, I'm amazed to read this! Did he really???? How clever can they be! I'd so much love to see him do this!

I like lionheads a lot, however, I'd be reluctant to have one, since I've read in sites and forums about genetic problems, having to do mainly with seizures and malocclusion. I've also read that, since this is a relatively new breed, I lot of genetic issues have not been dealt with successfully up to now. However, members who breed lionheads would know a lot more, in order to judge if this is correct or not...

Marietta
I want to say when I asked Gail Gibbons about seizures a couple of years ago (I think it is her site that talks about this) she said that they had something like 35 documented cases from the first...3 or 4 years maybe? We then discussed how there are now thousands and probably tens of thousands of lionheads now in the states and she hadn't heard of a seizure in a long time.

Maloclussion can happen in any breed (I think) - I know it happens in the smaller breeds for sure. But I think lops are actually more likely to have it than lionheads because of the head shape, etc.

I think a lot has occurred here in the states in the breeding, etc. of lionheads to improve the breed and make them healthier. Yeah, like any other breed we have our fair share - ok - more than our fair share of what I'd call "backyard breeders" who don't breed responsibly. But a lot of folks do breed to improve the breed and I think that healthwise...lionheads have come a long way.

Peg

Latest posts

Back