Lionhead Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe this was a baby lionhead. It was too young to be away from its mama, in my opinion. It could have been another type of bun, but it was labeled as a "double-maned lionhead" where I saw it. Cute little bugger.

1007983kr6.jpg

Thanks Sweetie.

Kelly, I'd say that it is a young DM and that you're seeing it before it's mane has fully developed. I have some little ones now that are around 7 weeks. They look similar to this. What you tend to get with a LH is that they grow all of their hair out to make them look like a bit of a fuzzball. Then they will start shedding out the areas that will remain short. The mane and skirt on a DM will then continue to grow some. With some LHs they will continue growing for the next couple of years. I swear Chewy's hair grows longer every time he molts out. I'm sure there's something there in the genetics of that rabbit that is causing it as I don't see it with all my rabbits.

I really want to breed lionheads when I'm older there such a wonderful breed! I love, All the lionhead pictures that have been shown!

murph72 wrote:
Thanks Sweetie.

Kelly, I'd say that it is a young DM and that you're seeing it before it's mane has fully developed. I have some little ones now that are around 7 weeks. They look similar to this. What you tend to get with a LH is that they grow all of their hair out to make them look like a bit of a fuzzball. Then they will start shedding out the areas that will remain short. The mane and skirt on a DM will then continue to grow some. With some LHs they will continue growing for the next couple of years. I swear Chewy's hair grows longer every time he molts out. I'm sure there's something there in the genetics of that rabbit that is causing it as I don't see it with all my rabbits.
You are welcome!

Latest posts

Back