Lionhead breeders - REJOICE! Blacks & Torts passed 1st presentation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
Well this is only Theresa's first time at presenting - and the lionheads have to pass three presentations - still yet - I am pleased to announce that Theresa Mueller presented black tort & black lionheads before the ARBA standards committee - and those two colors passed their presentation.

REW did not pass - and Blues were not presented (which will count as failing).

We are now POTENTIALLY two years away from being a recognized breed. All it will take is two more successful presentations to become recognized.

I'm so happy - even when I started breeding 5 years ago - people were saying then "Theresa will be the one to get the breed passed...."

Wow, I didn't notice they weren't accepted into the ARBA! They're so popular (and so freakishly adorable) I just kinda assumed that they where :)

That is really exciting. I'd love to see Lionheads accepted, considering how hard people have worked towards perfecting the breed and showing their stock.

I wasn't aware choosing not to present a color would count as a fail. While I understand her thoughts to leave them home because she didn't feel they were ready yet, I would have brought a small crew anyway just to see. o_O;

Congratz to the lionhead breeders, and definitely to Theresa! It's been a long process, and still has quite a bit of time left to go, but everyone is doing wonderful!

Shaded Night Rabbitry wrote:
REW's have now PASSED.
There was an error on ARBA's end. Scott Rudolph just relayed to facebook that REWs did indeed pass. =3
Thanks - I was about to share this....

iluvdutchrabbbits90 wrote:
Well its about time! lol
Well - they have passed their first presentation twice before - once under Arden Wetzel and once under Gail Gibbons.

Now to get them passed two more times under the SAME person (Theresa).

So if they pass first presentation but not the 2nd they have to start all over? :?I am guessing she is working on getting a few colors passed and then add different colors later on? Still a long process. Sheesh, not such an easy task is it?! Congrats on being one step closer!

I meant to ask...

If they aren't recongnized, do people still show them? I mean, do you breed for show purposes when they aren't recognized? Not sure how it all works. Just curious :)

Latest posts

Back