Life with bunny monsters

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks...although they seem to be taking turns being the boss. Finley's methods are much more effective than his though!

They're totally messing with my head. First Finley was boss, then J. Behr....and then after this morning when J.Behr got into her cage and chased her...somehow she ended up boss again?

She seems less 'love at first sight' and more like they've already been married for 25 years and she knows he has faults. ;)

Bonding this morning went well, and we're back at it right now. So far so good.

The session last night went very well. I didn't have to intervene at all. J.Behr tried to mount Finley at one point, but she positioned herself in such a way that it wasn't working. Instead he buzzed around her. :)

This morning he was looking for her during playtime. I've learned the real reason he moves his litterbox is to get her attention. He moves it/makes noise and is on the alert to see if she's watching. It's pretty cute.

A few days ago my husband made a comment about how the bunnies don't fight with him, and I wanted to kick him. I restrained myself though, somehow I managed.

Well, I want to kick him again. He did a bonding session for me this morning. Not only did J.Behr buzz around Finley (he started this last night), he also did binkies for about a full minute.

So I want to kick him because he got to see it and I didn't, and because he didn't use my camera to take a video. Grr.

I think that's pretty kick-worthy. ;)

Well, the second bonding session of the day is coming to an end and of course Behr didn't binky for me. But he did stretch out right next to Finley - and that's something he rarely does at all. I think the twice a day dates are working very well.

I really enjoyed reading your blog! I'll be keeping up on your crazy bonding business from now on.

However - I have noticed a very serious shortage of pictures and I'm demanding that there be more. LOL!

Your initial bunny stories made me so sad and reminded me of some of my own losses with bunnies in the past. You are a strong person to continue to rescue and love your buns and you offer them something amazing - the chance to be loved. :hearts

Hope the bonding continues to progress. :) We're rooting for you!

Thanks. I was really hoping to get them outside over the weeknd for some nice pictures, but mother nature didnt cooperate. And a poo filled tub with urine-stained towels don't make for the nicest of backgrounds!

So...J.Behr digs Finley.

And when I say Behr digs Finley, I don't mean in the 'like' sense. *roll eyes*. He is actually digging her. I know shes got more belly...err, 'fluff' on her, but that's still not nice! He's also chinning her - because yes, J.Behr it DOES work that way.

He's in a spirited mood tonight, and it's a good thing Fin has patience. I expected an all out war once he was nipping at her, but she took it like a champ. I don't think he likes being alone all day and that's why he's a bit crazy right now. I've seen a few binkies, but nothing like the minute of them that my husband saw (grr). And he stopped as soon as I got my camera out.

If they keep up this wonderful progress I'm pretty sure we'll be able to do a pen somewhere this weekend. I'm hoping for it anyway because bathroom bonding supervision is not comfortable.

Ya, I was too impatient to wait until the weekend. After almost an hour of tub snuggles I put them in a pen together. It wasn't perfect, but I only had to speak to them once to stop misbehaviour.

They mostly ignored each other. There was a *tiny* bit of grooming...and the required J.Behr peeing on Finley stuff (which is oh so pleasant to learn after leaning in to give her a kiss. Blech!).

And J.Behr spent a few minutes trying to chin *every* square in the pen. Silly Behr.

And here's what you really want...first, tub snuggles

100_1728.jpg

Pen almost-snuggles

100_1729.jpg

J.Behr on his chinning quest

100_1730.jpg

Your babies are so adorable! Thanks so much for your impatience. It's nice to see that things are coming along and not headed backwards!

Bonding is pretty much the same. We do tub time, and then pen time. The pen time doesnt go as smoothly, but not horrible.

And today, because I forgot to block the table off properly, I get to drive an extra 50 minutes today to drive home and make sure all is well.

I had removed the sugar bowl and bananas....but there's a treat bag and 2 large alcohol bottles that could be knocked over and broken. I'm headed out as soon as I hit reply. Sometimes not living in the town I works sucks.

I got home to find Behr all stretched out on his hay bin. He doesn't stretch out often, and looked so innocent. That should have been clue # 1.

So I get closer and I see a bunch of stuff on the floor. Seems weird, and pretty sure I didn't put it there.

I take another step. The bottle that used to be wedged between the fridge and pantry that I was always to lazy to move is now in the middle of the floor. It seems I forgot to block of the fridge and pantry.

I take another step and scan the table. The treat bag doesn't look touched. The bottles are in place...maybe he wasn't on the table...and then I see the cookie container on it's side. What a little monster...hears me coming and plays all innocent!

Then I go to see Finley and she too has been up to no good (pulling stuff from the coffee table). I fixed up a few things, laughed quite a bit, and gave them some nose rubs. Monsters.

From what my husband says, bonding went ok last night.

So this morning, I stepped it up a notch. No tub time first, straight into the pen. I had to intervene once to stop Behr from chasing Fin, but otherwise it went well. There was still chasing, but they resolved it on their own (so hard to let them do that!). There was grooming and some snuggling....so, I stepped it up a bit more. I enlarged their pen.

That went mostly well...they were busy exploring for the first bit, and chasing resumed, but again they resolved it on their own. The session lasted about 4 hours...I'll be doing another one (much shorter) tonight.

I moved them into Finley space this morning. They have much more room to stretch out...and so far it's going well. There was some chasing, but nothing I had to get involved in. There has also been some binkies, grooming, and stretching out.

I'll be separating them when I go to work so my husband won't have to worry about them, and throw them back together when I get home. We are headed into the territory that if we're home, they're together (not at night yet though - maybe next weekend).

Latest posts

Back