Let's see your tattoo's...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my newest addition done last week, my leg is on the left and a girl I have been friends with since we were 3 is on the right. The top photo is just after they were done, still dirty and everything, the bottom photo is a few hours later all cleaned up.

3436447120_297f901411.jpg

3436447142_59e0ef53cf.jpg

I have an American flag on my left foot - nine days before 9/11 Tim and I were at a friend's wedding in Brooklyn and we stayed in the Marriott between the two towers.

A family who boarded their pony at the farm I worked at lost their 24 year old son in the first plane strike so the flag is in tribute to him and in thanks for those who survived.

I heard that the top of the foot is a painful place to have a tatt... I liked it - it was like getting a mild electric shock and tickled when the artist went over the tendons in my foot.

My oldest son got his first tattoos this year - characters named Pumpy the Heart and King Brain on the inner calves of each leg... not sure why but the artist did a good job!

Denise

My friend Hoyte is in the process of getting his tattoo license. My boyfriend decided to be his first guinea pig. Well, Hoyte had to tattoo himself twice before his boss would let him tattoo any one else.

But anyway, here is Dave's tattoo!

IMG000176.jpg

Here is the start of my kitty's memorial piece. Zaide was adopted by us back in May of last year, he was 3 months old. He was adorable from the second I laid my eyes on him. He was a spunky little kitty who was very tiny for his age (about the size of an 8 wk old kitten), as was the rest of his litter..but we didn't think anything of it, no one did. As time went on, we noticed Zaide was not growing...even though he was about the size of a 12 week old kitty now, but the personality of a 7 month old kitty. I began photographing him with milk jugs, to monitor his size.

I don't want to get into discussion of how he died because he died in front of me a little while after I had gotten home from work and we had a bonding/play session. It was sudden and there was nothing I could do. This was October 1st of 2008, almost a year ago.

We later put things together and realized maybe Zaide didn't look as healthy as he should have for a cat his age. Of course, we noticed that while looking at pictures after he had passed. We learned his whole litter was the result of a Persian hoarding case. We know that Zaide's brother and sister are still alive...but his brother has severe bowel issues and has almost died numerous times, and his sister is blind. We are thinking there was inbreeding/genetic defects and that Zaide possibly died of a heart defect.

Here is the picture that my tattoo artist based the tattoo off of....

l_cc9d8e417fbbda2c42b5d8861455e873.jpg

And here is the start of my Zaide tattoo. His head still needs to be finished, as well as some tiger lilies added around him....

3711271447_5924b1e41e.jpg

Amy, your kitty memorial tattoo is gorgeous. What an amazing tribute.
Also, its amazing what you notice after they are gone. Please do not question yourself for what you should have noticed, or you will go mad. The same thing happened to us with our dog, Baxter who passed away November 10, 08.

Thank you for the compliments, every one! I can't wait until it is finished...I go in on August 8th to finish it.

drunkenbunnyhugger wrote:
Amy, your kitty memorial tattoo is gorgeous. What an amazing tribute.
Also, its amazing what you notice after they are gone. Please do not question yourself for what you should have noticed, or you will go mad. The same thing happened to us with our dog, Baxter who passed away November 10, 08.
Thank you :). I don't think it would have been possible for us to really notice he was in poor health when he was alive...because he didn't seem in poor health. We just noticed that he wasn't growing and asked his foster mom if his brother and sister were growing...and she said that they were not. So, we settled on just having a dwarfed kitty!

At the time, I didn't really think of any underlying issues that could be there because he was dwarfed....but now after he is gone, it makes sense because most dwarfs do have health issues, humans and animals.

I don't have any tattoos myself, but here is a photo of my sisters. She just got it done on her 18th birthday, the 1st of this month. This was taken RIGHT after the guy finished it. The orangey spots were kind of bloody, it looks much better now. It's white now. :p

IMG_7100.jpg

Everyone's tats look amazing!

I really want one on my right shoulder. I think I might plan a trip to america to one of the top east coast tattoo parlors so I can get it really well and professionally done (with like anaesthetic).

My dream one is a tribal rabbit, but too scared to get it done because I'd get ripped on about it so much.

Someday, I plan on getting a tattoo of a rabbit. I don't even know where, yet. I'm thinking my back or my stomach (towards the hip). I won't get teased A.) Because I love bunnies, and B.) I was born in 1987, which is the year of the rabbit on the Chinese Zodiac. :D

Yay! I've just commissioned one of my best friends who is an amazing artist to do a tribal rabbit for my shoulder or shoulderblade!

I guess I should show my little bit of art...

My current tattoo, which I designed myself:

LILY.jpg

And I want to get one a bit like this one (and in the same spot, but further left...and smaller, probably), but I want to add a bit of prettiness to it. It just looks to plain for my taste:

tatoo001.jpg

I also designed this one a while back...it's my current avatar, and would now be in memory of my sweeties because I designed it after Flower. Not sure where this one will go, maybe my right-hand shoulder area on my back:

BunnyLogoAvaterBMP.jpg

I also want to get something small, like a kitty paw print, but would like to somehow have it nearby the bunny one...because I love both animals.

That is a gorgeous maple leaf, Rosie! It will look really beautiful because of all the levels of shading that will need to be done (which hurts the worst, haha!).

Thanks, Amy! I wasn't sure if it was Canadian enough ('cause that's what I'm going for there)...what do you think? I love the shading, too...really makes it more unique.

P.S. That is an actual tattoo...I just shaded out the person's skin because they had NASTY lookin' skin, lol!

i already posted in my blog about my tats but i figured i add them here as well

so i have 3, all on my backside! the first one i got is the black cat. my parents were cool enough to buy it for me on my 18th birthday

then2 years ago i added the flowers. they trail all the way down my spine and are currently in greyscale. i haven't decided if im going to leave them that way or add color. they have no meaning, just look pretty

100_3452.jpg

and i just added my third. its the one on the back of my neck. it says "leviculus lepus" its direct translation to latin is "silly/vain hare" but its my "silly rabbit" tattoo. i call winnie silly rabbit all the time, and leviculus truely means to be vain or silly about onesself. i take it as my reminder to love myself for who i am. if that makes sense at all

100_3830.jpg

my next tattoo is going to be on my chest. an old school sparrow on each of the girls. lol. sparrow tattoos have lots of meanings but a big one is that a sparrow will always return home no matter how far they travel. my roommate is getting the same set of sparrows but on her back.

anyway those are mine! i love them all!

Latest posts

Back